Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
I like the sharpness to your crease. I don't recall seeing another VS hat with that sharpness.

It's a light weight felt, with a vintage feel, that enables a sharp crease. I posted a number of photographs of this hat in the VS thread around December last year (the hat was a Christmas present).

Out of interest where did you get your hat? I love the vintage lines but am not familiar with that manufacturer.

Best wishes

Greg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Looks like you're getting good use out of those babies, Joao. That's what they were made for.
Yes they were made to protect me from the elements but I prefer to not get them wet.

Thank you, Joao.
Man, I do love that Resistol. Is that the one Galt fixed for you?
The Akubra is awesome. I am tempted to add one of those to the collection.
No, the one John Galt cleaned for me is another Stagecoach with smaller crown, smaller brim and narrower ribbon.

Just Great hats today, Joao, Greg, Harv. Harv that Whippet is just so nice... and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to great a couple of lovebirds!
Thank you!

g.durand

One Too Many
A Mallory Ten that I had Optimo restore last winter. First wearing this season.

mallory10_zps404f1842.jpg

Last edited:

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I got a call to let me know that we're trying to surprise one of the guys at the office today by having most of the people in the office wear a tie in honor of his birthday. He and I are two of the (very) few people who wear ties to the office.

Since no one specified LONG ties, I decided to channel my inner GregNYC and wear a bow tie instead, along with a brown Tress & Co. bowler. I admit I look more like a banker today than someone who works in a cube farm. :)

View attachment 20453

GregNYC

One Too Many
GD, the Mallory looks really nice. I like the color and crown!

Strapped, looking good - I am the only one in my department (IT) who wears ties, vests or jackets to the office. But I do hear compliments, and I bet you do too!

Perry, great 3X. You make it look like a 1000x! Love the sweater too!

Today I wanted to wear my cognac-colored Roche. But it's so cold w/ wind-chill, I need to bundle up under the hood of my Canada Goose. So I wore a cap, Retro Sport, detailed by Johnnie.

dc4c3b4ce29d098f77a92e3a9c48556a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's getting harder and harder to keep pace here, gents. Just spectacular lids by everyone! Gdurand that refurbed marvelous Mallory from Optimo is eye-popping!

Mark, incredibly powerful look today, sir. Beautious bowler, Bud! Super photo style! :eusa_clap

Perry the 3X really tops the textiles today, too. Great shirt, nearly gave me a flashback!

Absolutely classic Hollywood brim, there, Al (Capone). Thanks for stopping by!

Apologies for any unintended ommissions... EVERYONE's a STAR around here!!

Last edited:
Back to note (among many things) Greg's fantastic cap off to the week!

Sam the Wegner's a Wonder!

There seems to be some "bowler momentum" here today...

For me, although anything can happen, It's firmly Fawcett Friday, sporting a VS mahoot. Still wondering about that color name... ANY ideas as to its origin or namesake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot