Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao; I admire a 2 hat a day man. Cheers!
With so many hats, it's hard to enjoy all of them in a short period of time, so 2 hat a day is needed. :)

On this chilly and windy overcast morning from Central Ohio I'm bundling up and breaking out another of my Resistol Stagecoaches to ward off the chill....I have plans for this hat, (don't worry, Joao, it may not include trimming the brim). Don't want to give my buddy nightmares, (just yet), ;) ..../QUOTE]
Nice ribbon. I do know what to expect from you and I do know you'll "kill" them...

Joao, your favorites are my favorites. Just great lids!
Thank you!!

Terry, Joao may wear the widest brim, but I think you win the crown height prize!
Don't think so. ;)

Dobbs 15 with guilded edge for me.
Nice color!

Perry, Sam, Ha! I still don't know if I would beat out Joao over the tallest crown. His Tom Mix is pretty tall! But I just might have him beat, maybe. I'm 6'2 without the hat. I'm 6'8 with the hat! Makes it easier for my wife to find me in a crowd....hmmm....On second thought, I think I'll stop wearing it!
About the same height as me. Yes, I'm also easy to find in the middle of a crowd. :)
Oh don't stop wearing it, you wear it well!!
BTW, the Tom Mix have a 8" crown. ;)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today another 2 hat day but this time with a... little contrast...
So I started with this silverbelly Tom Mix.
20141217.jpg

And because at lunch time the wind was building up and to avoid being airborne I switched to this stingy Nutria.
20141217b.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Later, switched to this special 4-panel by Johnnie. It just arrived today. More photos in the Cap Faction.

4d414fc188a500b0cfe9b1f7800943db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Joao, Yup. Looks like your Tom Mix beats out my Stagecoach for the tallest crown award. I do like that smaller brimmed Nutria, though. It looks good on you.

Greg, that is one snazzy looking cap! Love that pattern and color combo.

Nice one Greg!!

Joao the Tom Mix hat is a cool hat, no way around it. It's a great looking hat and you carry it off well, looks totally natural. I see that style around here occasionally, and almost always the guy has on the whole "old west" get up to go with it, which looks fine for a concert or trip to the bar, but seems a bit over the top for just popping in the grocery store for a six pack.

TommyK that is a beautiful Dobbs 20.

SBG - What can I say? Sublime selection. And awesome coat.

Sweet Dobbs Harv

One to watch, Charlie! Great color.

Fantastic Daniele T. The ribbon is a work of art!

Nice CRM, Sam. Cool jacket too.

T.Jones another good big western worn totally natural. It works for you. You pull them off like Joao (and Alan does too), like a guy wearing a cool hat, not like a hat that is part of an outfit.

Slid that one in while I was typing, DJH. Very nice Stetson.is the ribbon kind of olive colored? It really compliments the color of the hat.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
It'll be a two hat day for me today. Starting off with a Harris Tweed cap since I need a cover that's portable and crushable.

21cdaf3af52cd5033eb5f7a8e8bd97d3.jpg

Later I'll be switching to a more festive holiday hat for an office gathering.

58d79faf2a5e7625bc4d3641ddb565bd.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Late evening, quick turn around for 7:30am practice and now paperwork before evening practice has my auto's backseat full. "Looks like the start of a hat shop" a fellow coach remarked this morning. Yesterdays VS Wanderer and Stetson OR join todays vtg.Stetson bowler (black), vtg. Lee Adventurer (buckskin) and a trusty Kromer (black).

i-4P9h9GM-M.jpg

I am hoping for an earlier evening.

Best, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy