Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great cap and sweater Greg!!

Well worn this morning S-4-C

Sublime example of a Royal Stetson, Che. Great color hat as well as ribbon & binding. You do it justice.

hatguy1

One Too Many
Great looking kids and tops the past day or so, guys. That tall bowler is a very unique piece. Horse, I don't know that I've ever seen a round top hat before. That could be a real head turner won with a tux. Greg, I like that cap and sweater combo. Both look very warm and comfortable.

Speaking of warm, they say we're in for a "warming" trend today. Temps may climb all the way into the mid-20s if we're lucky.

So, it's a good day for my leather jacket and wool blend "Indy" fedora.

c386c1308a0070b401aed6ac7044f3d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks, Che! Using your lead as a hip, cool, and off-the-hook Grandpa, I'll be on the right path.

CAPital start to the week, Greg!

Mark the Damp Champ really rocks today, sir!

Starting the week with a go-to VS, blue steel; which I think is just the Berries.

Speaking of BLUE Steel, and the BERRIES, I was at Whole Foods yesterday, and spoiled myself a bit with these, for my oatmeal today.... Has anyone ever seen bigger berries? Not me!

Your damp Champ looks fine S4C.
You remind me of the "Quiet Man" Greg. Sharp casual outfit.
You look a bit long in the tooth today Hatguy.
Looking good Charlie. Are those blueberries or blue apples?
pw-49.jpg

Playboy for me today.

Perfect Playboy, Perry my Pall!!

Hatguy I echo Perry's comment; fantastic lid, but you should see an orthodontist.... ;)

Sam you are a lucky Dad! (She'll still pose with you...) I can't pick a favorite of those fantastic hats. ALL Classic!

Last edited:

hatguy1

One Too Many
Great additions, Case, Hato, HatsR (love the blueberrries! Those are huge.)
You look a bit long in the tooth today Hatguy.

Hatguy I echo Perry's comment; fantastic lid, but you should see an orthodontist.... ;)

Haha! Thanks. That's my office hall tree. We stuck that mask on it a couple Halloweens back. Afterward we found out the [now former] boss quietly hated the decorated hall tree as possibly casting our dept in the eyes of mgt as "unprofessional." Hence, that's all we needed as excuse for a group of creative professionals to keep "the wolf" in place. Now we decorate him for any and all seasons and holidays we can think of.

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Sam, that's quite a trio of hats! The brim on the Squatter looks full even now. What was it trimmed from and to?

Perry, I like that Playboy! Funny you should mention "The Quiet Man." I actually have a repro cap from the movie. It's a gun-club-check cap from Johnny that looks spot on. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow!

Charlie, yes those are some huge berries. Love the Pendleton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Perry, Charlie, Hatguy1 and Greg.

GregNYC: It's a dimensional 2 5/8" front/back and 2 1/2" sides. The squatter when new has a bound edge and has a 3" brim.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Great hats today and throughout the weekend! Charlie, looks like you hit the mother lode on blueberries!

1950s Royal Stetson Open Road this morning.

Y'all are too kind with the comments, gents. Thanks to all!

Matt there's no need to worry about that brim, Bud... you are WEARING that hat! Looks just GREAT!!

Rick's Really Rockin' the Road... OPEN Road, that is. Fantastic lid, sir!

hatguy1

One Too Many
Thanks brother still more comfortable in the 2 1/2 and up range lol

It goes without saying that style changes with the times, but back in the 1990s, I was trying on a narrow brim fedora that our local hatter had in stock and that I wanted to buy in the worst way. I remember noticing him biting his lip in the mirror behind me. Given his lip chewing and his looking down at his shuffling feet, I knew him well enough to sense he wasn't comfortable with the look on me. I said, "OK; what?" He told me that I was about 25 or 30 years too young to wear a stingy brim hat as most of the time those are better looking on & more popular with older gentlemen (as in 50+).

I remember that day and how the styles have changed every time I see younger guys wearing those hats nowadays because they're in fashion for all ages 25 years later.

011215.jpg

Private label fifteen from Peller & Mure, an upscale Buffalo mens shop that closed some years back. Gary White was the hat buyer there when I first met him. 1950s felted edge - heavy and nice quality. Perhaps Canadian manufacture, Gary was not sure.

Lots wrong in this picture... how many wardrobe failures can you spot?

Nice one RClark, I like the brim up.
Sweet stingy Matt, I know what you mean though, I just can't wear stingies anymore.
Trouble getting dressed this AM Alan? The gorgeous hat takes my eyes off anything else though, so I probably wouldn't have noticed if you didn't mention it. It's a bit like seeing an unkempt guy with a beautiful woman, you don't even notice the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24