Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyK

One Too Many
1mach1-I am so envious of your Whippet, absolute classic
Mystic-same goes for that Borso, another classic
SBG-that VS is just stunning
Case-great K & H and the whole outfit
hRme-the VS steals the show!
AMG-another classic for Hat Day, I think I've got the same hat
hatophile-the Adam is yet another hat of yours I'm envious of
Lt.hats-can never go wrong with a Fed IV, great "go-to" hat
Miami-that no-name is fantastic. It doesn't need any further embellishment
Greg-classic cap for a classic mug (I mean that in the most complimentary way)
S4C-that black Resistol is the perfect formal look for such a national holiday
DJH-Great opening of the day with that 7XCB

View attachment 22893
I chose not my most expensive, not my oldest but perhaps my most collectible, vintage Stetson Stratoliner

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 7XCB Open Road
Welcome back! Love those 7XCB!

Joao, you could be on to something for next week.......Tom Mix Thursday. :p
Don't give me ideas :)

Nice mix of Mixes Joao.
Thank you!

Joao, I always like the Tom Mixes. Those and the Big Countries are my favorites of yours.
Those giant hats are also my favourites :D

Joao, that silverbelly Tom Mix looks great. (The black one is nice too)
Thank you. I like them both, it is difficult to choose one.

hatguy1

One Too Many
National Hat Day.....:cheers1:

Oh, the agony. I dashed out the door this morning forgetting my hat. And on NHD, no less. :Cry: Thinking I just could NOT let the holiday go by uncovered I went by our local hatter at lunch. I was even willing to "bend" the budget a bit and buy "up" a bit. But apparently my visit was just enough "between seasons" to either not fit, not like or not look good in whatever he had that was different colors, style than I already had. [huh]

By the way; a fine collection of headwear displayed on here today, men.

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Hatguy, I sympathize! Can't say I've ever forgotten to out a hat on when I leave the house. Maybe because I'm still in the obsessed honeymoon phase, and think about hats a lot!

But one time I did go into the local hatter's, dropping off a hat for alteration. Since that's the hat I was wearing, I bought another one right then and there. I learned my lesson from that. Future repairs and alterations were then carried in hat boxes while I kept my hat on my head. I think I'm a goner, thanks to you guys in this forum!!

GregNYC

One Too Many
One last pic! There were so many Strats today, I just had to add mine to the mix when I got home!

b166ab66927dbc2bd59b0f0e94fbee1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Today's hat of choice for me was my recently converted Stetson of unknown model or fur content. I added a 1/4 inch roll to the brim a couple of nights ago and felt like showing it off. I got a few compliments on it too! :) I'm glad I chose a wide brim because it began to rain on me just as I was a few blocks from home, as you can see in the pics. Please keep in mind when viewing the pics that I have never posted a selfie before and have little practice taking good ones.

View attachment 22900
View attachment 22901

The pencil roll is kinda tricky to do by hand for a beginner like me but well worththe effort. It gives the brim a lot of structure with only a tiny bit of strategically placed shellac. Plus, it looks cool as heck.

LeBois46

One of the Regulars
In celebration of the occasion I wore my Brent Black Gatsby Montecristi. It was in the high 70's here today, not a cloud in the sky so a Panama was completely appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy