Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A. Breiter Munich Back Bow Velour

15929898984_d83648f42d_c.jpg

Steve, nice looking velour. Is that a 50's style?
Sam that wide ribbon CD is always a good one on ya.
Smart choice with the Akubra Teach.
I like your jazz hat Panadora. The hatted keyboardist in your drawing reminds me of Dr. John a New Orleans jazz keyboardist.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. I am waiting to be picked up from the airport and enjoying the hat/cap show.

This weekend my gymnasts and I flew to Chicago Style Gymnastics Meet. It is the largest gymnastics meet in the world. This year short of 4,000 athletes (6 countries) competed. We enjoyed our athletic competition and visit to Chicago. I admit this is the first trip I took only CAPS. Yes caps. Below are a couple of pics of my Cordova Caps in Chicago, Il, USA:

i-XQcKtBJ-S.jpg

i-xLrJDJ4-S.jpg

i-Gw6Mz48-S.jpg

i-ZG25Ccw-S.jpg

i-2vMtB9B-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

GregNYC

One Too Many
Wonderful stories and headwear these last several days. I have been indoors with a cold this weekend, and didn't get out at all. I've also been busy finishing up a book I'm writing, so I'm not getting out and about and wearing as many hats as usual. (I do have a "writing hat" and a "thinking cap" but don't tell anyone!).

Alan, I like that comfortable, casual looking Playboy a lot, especially with the gray checks in the shirt! You wear it very well, as always!

Che, I grew up in SoCal myself and wish you well with the Agave project! You look well-hatted for the job, especially with the Knox Panama! I think I might sweat too much for a vintage felt doing that work!

Eric, I've never traveled with just caps. I did take some to Hawaii this last December. I bet packing was a breeze!

Perry, the Cardigan King! I like the "good guy in the white (almost) hat" look with the matching sweater. Classic! You have inspired me to add a few cardigans to my small collection.

History, you look well-protected from the snow. I'll never forget the first time I wore a fedora in the snow. It was only this winter. (The hat happened to be an Akubra Stylemaster.) I couldn't believe that snow wasn't landing on my nose and neck!

Sam, I think I like Campdrafts even better with the wider ribbon, thanks to your pics!

Joao, you've got on one of my favorites of yours, the black Stetson Tom Mix.

G.D., that Alessandria looks very happy in its natural surroundings. Wonderful picture!! Thanks for directing a bit of NorCal beauty over to frozen NYC!

Beardog, that Alpenvelour looks warm and cozy, I'm thinking here in 20-degree weather. Yesterday it got to -7.

Bowlerman, dude, you are owning that Borsalino!

Ingineer, you look well-protected in the snow too, especially with the Blue Mountain!

Harv, yup, that's an Akubra! Were you getting that much snow?

Steve, now that is one warm-looking velour! Looks to have a real velvety hand too. Is that an interior or exterior shot? You look so ... dry!

Panadora, what a jazzy, cool hat. And what better background than a wall full of vinyl!!!!

g.durand

One Too Many
Perry, Alan, Che--thanks for showing up with and showing off the Playboys. One of my favorite styles, whether vintage or custom.

It looks like the Akubras have come out in full force to fend off the snow. Looking good Matt, Richard, Sam and Harv.

Panadora-- a nice looking jazz hat. What is it?

Steve--a sublime velour.

Eric--keeping it practical with the caps, all are fantastic. Enjoy your stay in Chicago.

Greg--thanks for the comments on the Borsa. I second Perry's sentiments and hope you feel better soon.

Another unseasonably warm day brought out a lightweight VS in dove-colored felt. A neighbor and I were hanging out together.
FullSizeRender%2035_zps4owrwbhx.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
New guy alert!

I stumbled upon this website a few months back when I was bringing an old Stetson hat I bought 25 years ago back to life. It was an old outback style hat that I turned into a gambler, and now I love it, making me want more. Then I found myself scouring local thrift stores, antique shops, and vintage stores for quality hats. So far, I've scored a Bailey Madison for $20 and this Akurba Stockman for $35. My wife is wondering just how many hats a guy needs. I haven't told her how many some of you guys have collected! Anyhow, this was how I battled the single digits here in central Pennsylvania.

10500290_10206144472632402_1971513902212270129_n.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
javadave61--welcome to the Lounge. Everything you need to know about hats is here, and the information is growing.

I use a simple formula to determine how many hats to own. If the number of hats I own can be represented by n, then the number of hats I should own is represented by the equation n+1. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of hats owned that would result in separation from your partner. ;)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Looking good Joao....you have some great hats!!!
Thank you!

It's still the same 3.5 brim. It's just the crown's getting taller. ;)
Looks smaller... or the it's the crown.

Every snowstorm has missed the Ohio valley until this one. 4 inches and counting in an akubra table lands
Nice background. Snow here is very very rare.

Akubra "BlueMountain" in BlueGrassGreen
Nice, even not being fond of green hats.

Great hats!!
Campdraft in bluegrass green.
Snowing that amount is only in high lands. Lisbon rarely gets snow.

Joao, you've got on one of my favorites of yours, the black Stetson Tom Mix.
;)

How many shoes does a woman need?
Shoes, purses, necklaces... you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace