Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Dang!!! I got the thin ribbon, but the only thing that will be green will be me... with envy! :D

Hey, if you bring that new Allesandria of yours, we can have a sub-chapter meeting of the Borsalino Brotherhood! :)

Cheers,
JtL

panama jack

One of the Regulars
635elliott067yh5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Bart,
Who makes the hat you have on in this picture? I really like it...a lot!

pj

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
Since the silver is not as wide as the black, it may be the best choice. What do you think?

Yes sir. If you are going to move away from the layered ribbon idea, I think the silver is best. I think it could also work with the width of each of the ribbon layers reduced by an equivalent ratio, but either way will make the crown appear taller and I guess the single ribbon will give the overall look less "flash" but I think the layers could be quite tasteful.

Good luck with your decision! I can't wait to see what you decide.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bart. The felt is some of the nicest I've handled. Actually, outside a western from the American Hat Company, it may be the nicest. It's soft, supple, and holds any crease you put in it. I have another Shudde Bros. at Jimmy Pierce's now. It's a fine felt but I believe this one is better.
Rick Blaine would love this felt.

carter

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
This being a western conversion, Carter, I actually have been working on getting the back to come up. This is one stiff brimmed son of a...
I've had to literally roll the back up (like rolling a sheet of paper) by hand in order to get the back of a western brim to curve upward. That thick, stiff felt can take it.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
Now, if you can just get the back to flip up a bit.... ;) :)

Maybe, but with all due respect, I've come to the conclusion that the only hats that really look good turned down in back are converted westerns. There's something about that curve! It kind of reminds me of the safari hats we saw in adventure movies when we were kids. (Of course, women like all hats turned down in back) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL