Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kiltie said:

* If a car is traveling from New York to San Francisco at 55mph and another car leaves San Francisco going 70mph...

Thanks

Answer: They will meet at the Mississippi River at 3:00 PM.

kiltie

Practically Family
Thanks Big Man. :rolleyes:

Here's my new Federation IV. I was very resistant to this hat ( backlash? ), but I killed another hat fooling around with it and finally thought, "Why not a Federation?" Neat hat. Neat block shape. Neat enough so that I my get another for more Experimental creasing.

IMG_0852.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
kiltie said:

Here's my new Federation IV. I was very resistant to this hat ( backlash? ), but I killed another hat fooling around with it and finally thought, "Why not a Federation?" Neat hat. Neat block shape. Neat enough so that I my get another for more Experimental creasing.

IMG_0852.jpg

Look at the "Showcase of non-Indy Federations" thread. There's lots you can do with that hat.

kiltie

Practically Family
Thanks y'all...

...and thanks funneman ( for the shirt remark ). It's an old Banana Republic shirt with Jeeps and zebras and critters. I've amassed an unnecassarily large pile of old BR junk :p . My side project.

Goose.

Practically Family
kiltie said:

kaosharper1 said:
Look at the "Showcase of non-Indy Federations" thread. There's lots you can do with that hat.
Hey Kiltie...thanks for posting that pic. I too was resisting the FED Bug. But after reading all the good stuff on it, and the fact that it's not tapered, I thought it might be cool to try one and block/bash/crease to my blockhead.
So, I have a Dark Brown on the way.
REALLY like the way your's look. And dig that shirt. I too am an "aloha" shirt wearer. Funny that your shirt has Jeeps on it and the Reyn Spooner one I am wearing today has Land Rovers.

Thanks for the tip to the link you started Kaosharper1 :) One of my reasons for being hesitant to the Fed was that I didn't want people mistaking me for Harrison Ford...you know, with both him I being the handsome devlis we are.

Here's the thread link for others that may be interested:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=697790#post697790

BobC

gtdean48 said:
I know exactly what you mean, I avoid certain hairstyles to avoid the George Clooney confusion!!!!;) :rolleyes: :D

lol lol lol lol When you introduced yourself at the High Point I thought you were George Clooney.;)

Mr. Paladin

I have not had a lot of time lately to read through this thread and I have missed some great hats and posts as a consequence! Carter, I am intrigued with the two Stetsons you re-creased at the store. I didn't know they would do that on-site. Both of those look fabulous! I have got to field trip down soon and check on the very elusive "black Pinnacle in 7" before prices go up. Thanks for the tip!

Great hats everyone else; too numerous to mention and I would inevitably slight someone unintentionally if I tried!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

It may be Carouselvic, It has a cream colored sweat sewn directly to the felt with only Lord&Taylor
the mens shop New York embossed in gold on one side. It has a white tag boardered in red on the sweat underside with the # 660 or 099 depending on how you look at it and of course the duplication tag at the back with size and block # and crown depth. That tag has no makers mark. This is a great hat and very, very light weight and will take any shape it is given.. I need to have it cleaned and have a new sweat put in. It is one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael