Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Great display of Hats in the last few days my Friends!
Me in my new "go to hat" Vintage Dobbs Milan .

definitely one of my favorite slices of yours Fruno

Thank you very much, Moon. It's a great hat and, since it's had Gus Miller's hands on it, it''s very special to me.

Trevi, another +1 for your Milan. I'm growing to like those more and more. Just received delivery on a Stetson Premier Milan that's in fairly good shape, but dirty as hell (sweat stains mostly). I'm going to try my hand at reviving my first straw.
Chamuco, the CD looks great. Seeing Moon, Chamuco (great crease!) and Ingineer in your CDs has my mouth watering and me checking my USPS app on my phone (nope, still in Customs in NY).

Today, it looks like a final day of cooler climes here in Funkytown - highs in the 80s. Tomorrow, Friday, will surely bring Ts in the 90s, meaning an Aloha shirt and a straw hat. Today, in anticipation of the delivery of my CD (hopefully Monday), and the cool morning, I donned my Akubra Fedora.

IMG_0774.JPG

I've really grown to like this hat. Well, I liked it since I put it on, but it fits great, has a look I like, the color is great, etc., etc.

I feel our tastes are similar ...

True, I'm gravitating more and more to this type of hat; however, I do like to switch it up. I've found that I think a slightly smaller brim is better sometimes for a "dressy" look. At least for me. The word that comes to mind is "smart looking." This Stetson in the photo below is a good example.

Attachments

• Charcoal Royal Stetson 6.jpg
    Charcoal Royal Stetson 6.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 104
OMG, Perry!!! You have truly ARRIVED, Sir. And the look on your mug says YES!!!

Fantastic Aloha to kick it up even more! Mazel Tov!!!

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
strapped that fifteen is KILLIN' !!!

Fruno you're always stylin' my man ... I'm lovin your look in both pics.

hato fantatsic... more info please ... maybe interior pics?
is it s vitafelt ?
info info info ...
looks just fantastic on you !!

Well, I seem to have rescued my camera from a bad bathing experience. I've been touting the wonders of the pocket cameras of today, and forgot the little thing was in my pocket. You hardly know it's in your pocket, or in my case, NO IDEA, and in it went. I soaked it thoroughly for several minutes in the water before dawn broke on marble head... Thanks to everyone who passed on the rice method, which I have been using since my kids started putting cell phones into the toilet. But here's my added suggestion; (which I have used successfully many, many times, now) heat up the rice (BEFORE putting the wet device in!) in the microwave. Not so hot that plastic melts, or other ill effects occur, but get it and KEEP it warm to really accelerate the evaporation. I usually place the rice in a Tupperware or other waterproof enclosure, then let it float in a sink full of warm water to maintain the elevated temperature. Add warm water as needed. This process usually takes several hours to work, but DOES work much better than at room temp.

So, last night I put on my Gary White Custom to give the camera a test run. This is a perfect demonstration of what color shirt should NOT be worn with a brown hat...
IMG_7774.jpg IMG_7777.jpg IMG_7779.jpg
Alan, note Gary's "Signature" bow configuration

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking sharp everyone! Super congrats on the Whippet Perry that thing is beautiful!

TPD I was just in Paris hatters a few weeks back. He has a really good in store selection. Nice looking OR.

Nice Gary White Charlie! I think it looks fine with the shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats