Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moon, your head and that lid are like ham and eggs, PB & J, Fred and ginger... But since the hat was here first, I think your skull was born to be under the hat!! Notice how many call outs that one gets?!?! It IS the ONE for you.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
moon - That hat was made for this forum! Thanks for sharing it. Terrific!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moon, your head and that lid are like ham and eggs, PB & J, Fred and ginger... But since the hat was here first, I think your skull was born to be under the hat!! Notice how many call outs that one gets?!?! It IS the ONE for you.

Moon, one word:

Smmoooooth

thank you my friends

and hats you are correct ... my skull was born to grow into that sweet slice of heaven

ingineer

One Too Many
i am not worthy
But I'll post anyway
Some great hats from all, Alan has be lookin up Milans to find that his unubtainium.
Bob has great tele creases in his CD
AnA impressive
Buckaroo today keep thinking Leon Redbone for some reason.

Richard you are indeed worthy. And Leon would be coveting your cane I'm sure.
Leon_Redbone_-_Up_A_Lazy_River.jpg

Attachments

• Leon_Redbone_-_Up_A_Lazy_River.jpg
    Leon_Redbone_-_Up_A_Lazy_River.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 109

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
When the hat fits like that, you'll wear it a lot. It's a great feeling to have your head say thank you. :eusa_clap

you are 100% right Alan

I love that feeling of an air lock seal when the sweat band meets my head

and these old sweats feel like a cloud on the forehead ... this is such a great piece

and Richard if you claim to be not worthy again I'm coming up to Clifton and bending your brim and stealing that cane :p

Last edited:
Ingineer You are channeling the Leon! Sweet lid! Thought of you yesterday as I passed a rather large display of very unique walking sticks. Not one could beat those exquisite beauties of yours.

ingineer

One Too Many
Thanks Guys for the enabling.
Moon come up to Clifton i'll make you do the crease you do so well.
I have a new cane, but i may have to censor it.

photogravity

One of the Regulars
This arrived today, so here's my contribution to the thread. It's a Dorville Twenty from Dayton's Men's Store. Sorry for the horrible mugshots.

cae91caf38d616f77b10eb5bc4bd0a02.jpg

ef54c2beeadd240613c0228c83474453.jpg

271c86cc5ecd885e531f73250e6c4ec1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I am home after an early start that included meetings with real estate, equipment, sponsors and marketing folks. Truly today reminds me that while business is very good, I am a coach and athlete by heart and passion and prefer that part of my business. I have a oddles of follow-up duties as a result of today that will take much of this weekend. I remind myself that I really look forward to joining my athletes as their coach on Monday morning. Casual business attire (slacks, sport shirt, blazer and dress shoes) was my days outfit. I wore a fedora- not out of my ordinary. Today the fedora was a distraction as I had to explain my choice over and over. I finally left it in my auto for the final meeting. Evidently it is not ordinary and requires further edification on the choice.

i-jzcbsdq-M.jpg

Today I left very early wearing my vtg. Stetson fedora on a cool 60'F summer morning. The felt hat was perfect - not so much now in the humid early evening heat. This vintage hat is a blue-gray, not a grey-blue. I have a VS Bluesmoke beaver hat and the color of this vintage "oldster" is closer to that color than grey. The ribbon and clever brim edge add interest. The brim is 2.5" and yet appears "stingy" as I wear the crown crease higher and the ribbon is wider than my usual.

i-HKzqQg2-M.jpg

i-54kc8WW-M.jpg

i-5cwz6F2-M.jpg

Tired and changing my costume to attire appropriate for hanging on the dock on a warm mid-summer evening.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, great hat and great, unique ribbon!

Thanks Tommy. I agree that the ribbon is interesting and unique, relative to my "normal" thread contributions. I have seen other member post similar vtg. hats. If my memory is correct a couple of the custom hat artisans have ribbon very similar to tithe one I posted. Out of curiosity I may puruse posts to remind myself. The ribbon and hat height remind me a bit of Josh or Garret's (Fedora Lounge members) posts. I did acquire the hat recalling the attractive hats they previously posted and their passionate enjoyment of the same hats.

Thin ribboned hat wearer, being flexible, Eric -

guitarmasta12

A-List Customer
fb7e184cb09a13f771d0394f22dbb0d0.jpg
Wearing my 3 three piece blue and white striped pincord suit. Got my 40s mesh specs and my early 40s Manor fedora. My ties is vintage inspired jos a bank sig square tie.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy