Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Lots of great straws today, fellas.

Joao, always a great selection. I appreciate how you wear different hats throughout the day! :thumb:

Eric, did you time travel and buy that Marathon from the department store? Sheesh, that thing sparkles! :yo:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Downtown in my Westbound'n'Down today...

763b2905-5600-4a48-94fc-24abf0858c59.jpg

fdf7c647-2f4e-4e02-a51a-46f94a8dc88e.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, those long hairs are sweet. I don't think I've seen them before. Are they new?
I have them for a year I think. They don't come out of the box very much.
The Resistol I believe it's from the 80's. Resistol told me they still do them but their are not produced every year.
The Stetson I don't know how old can it be but since it have the last drop liner it's also 20 or 30 years old.
Also have a long hair Thoroughbred but moths got it to it so it's more of a beater than those too.

Joao, always a great selection. I appreciate how you wear different hats throughout the day! :thumb:
I change them during lunch time. Also weather is become more and more hot so wear one hat in the morning, clean the sweatband and change for another hat.
I could wear one of my shantung hats but it's the same.

Well, my first CD got here - Silverbelly - yesterday. Didn't get to crease it until this AM. Nothing special, and I'm sure I'll work on it as it settles onto my head.

IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0813.JPG

It is, as advertised, big. Bigger than my other Akubra, this one will fall off my head if I'm not too careful. Were it not for this forum, I'd be having a minor meltdown over this; however, I'm confident that, after a few wearings, it's going to fit great. This is my first and only Silverbelly, as well. I've been looking to get some lighter colored hats on my head and this fills the bill.

IMG_0819.JPG

tommyK

One Too Many
Java-that Falcon Park is exquisite
Fruno-expertly done on the CD crease. I've changed mine a couple of times, they're tough they can take it!

RobertM

Familiar Face
You fellows continue the excellent hat parade. Well done folks.

This evening the temps have dipped to nearly 65'F with a moderate breeze. Ahhhh. A Pendleton Board Shirt and a vtg. Penny's Marathon (minty (green) felt and condition) are my attire enjoying the lake. The dogs are anxious for a swim and I have a pair of board shorts on ready to participate. I will not swim with a hat or share swimming pics.

i-87DTFXd-M.jpg

i-zSL4MDW-M.jpg

i-GT5rTHb-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Well done Eric, I like not only your selections, but the background info that describes your choice of hat each day.

R

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Well, my first CD got here - Silverbelly - yesterday. Didn't get to crease it until this AM. Nothing special, and I'm sure I'll work on it as it settles onto my head.

View attachment 32712 View attachment 32713

It is, as advertised, big. Bigger than my other Akubra, this one will fall off my head if I'm not too careful. Were it not for this forum, I'd be having a minor meltdown over this; however, I'm confident that, after a few wearings, it's going to fit great. This is my first and only Silverbelly, as well. I've been looking to get some lighter colored hats on my head and this fills the bill.

View attachment 32714

I think your crease is perfect ... that is my kind of bash right there... love it

... and it will definitely tighten up a bit... sweat in it a little ... wear it all day if you can ...you will feel it sort of start to shape to your head

on both my CD they would conform ... then I would put it away for a day or so and put it back on and it would have to conform again ... takes a few wears to get to know your head

looks great on you ... really really nice

Congrats to you, FrunoB! Really an excellent profile for you, Perfect proportions!!

As I've been in and out of the loop over the last few days, it's both a joy and frustrating to try to keep the pace with you boys.

Early this morning we were out with my French made black beauty. Dating this one has been difficult, as the range of estimates goes from the early thirties to the late fifties. Whatever, it's one of only two black hats I own...
IMG_7910.jpg IMG_7913.jpg IMG_7914.jpg IMG_7912.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic