Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Well, tommyk, I tried it but it just sits too high for my liking. When it's that far above my ears it feels like something fell on my head and stuck. I'm seriously considering binding the brim despite the fact that it would cover that cool overwelt.

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
Personally I think it looks like a child's or woman's hat. Though I'm PROBABLY wrong. Still a great SAVE. I think of Blue Boy or Little Lord flauntleroy when I see it. No
disrespect intended. Busters was a full size crown. I LOVE his movies. I have all that's available. You can find it on YouTube where he talks about his hats.

Last edited:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
job, I don't think it was a kid's or woman's hat as it was sized 7 1/8 before being used, abused and cast off. I'm inclined to believe the porkpie theory, especially due to the era of the hat's manufacture.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Oh yeah, pics I posted in the Mallory Mile thread of before the dismantling and reblocking show one of the sweatband stamped with "Fowler's "Men's Shop" or something that looks like "Fowler's". The crown was a bit different before as well. The open crown looks kind of like a bowler, which were worn a lot in the Old West.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday only one hat, this Resistol buckskin Diamond Horseshoe.
Company is moving to another warehouse. Packing everything again, carrying the furniture again... I'm tired of this.
20150722.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
Joao, I just moved some furniture around in my house and had a revelation about why my parents stayed in the same house for so long. Moving takes years off your life!

Back to my limited selection of straws today to stay cool. Shatung straw that is. I need to call Peter Bros soon and ask for the Bob Roberts Special. Is it really custom if you say, "just like Bob's please"? Oh heck. I'll go with a navy pleated ribbon just to be different.

54bce94bbee2700b6ecb949d9fc92514.jpg

280cc52e50b8c16c54ab512c42695cc2.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I've not had much chance to check in this week - fantastic hats from everyone, though.

Been quite warm here of late so I've been wearing only my summer hats - VS Panama this morning. This is a perfect hat for these 100F days.

smugshot_9094792-L.jpg

I really love that Milan, Frun. One of my favorite Milans, and sweeter still that it's from a thrift shop.

Is that a union suit today?

David that semi-C is one of the classiest of them all!!

Perry, the Strat really calms the excitement from that sweet aloha. Nice!!

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I just moved some furniture around in my house and had a revelation about why my parents stayed in the same house for so long. Moving takes years off your life!

Back to my limited selection of straws today to stay cool. Shatung straw that is. I need to call Peter Bros soon and ask for the Bob Roberts Special. Is it really custom if you say, "just like Bob's please"? Oh heck. I'll go with a navy pleated ribbon just to be different.

54bce94bbee2700b6ecb949d9fc92514.jpg

280cc52e50b8c16c54ab512c42695cc2.jpg
Thx Dave. Im flattered! Have a conversation w Shane. Yes it is custom. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart