Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javadave61

Practically Family
Looks like everyone is wearing their best on this last day of planet earth. I'm enjoying my front row seat to the end of the world with my Akubra BG Campdraft.

2015-09-27_21.40.30.jpg 2015-09-27_21.38.31.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Always loved the Gaucho. Thats a great one. I heard black cherry wood is nice to burn. Supposed to be unbelievably aromatic.

My uncle used to smoke meat with cherry. Haven't tried burning it, but had a couple rounds here (I seem to have lost) that I was going to use for smoking.

Black oak is great, but this stuff, live oak, has even better BTU's. Yes, there is a stray pine chunk or two in this pile ;-)

ad4acc1f9806c6510b8d646b7fbda302.jpg

Mostly folks burn almond (pronounced Ahhmond by those who grew up here) in Chico where I live. [edit ] It's great. I once burned cottonwood from a rancher friend. It was very aromatic, as much as cedar, but different, kinda sweet smelling. Sorry for the digression fellas.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
My uncle used to smoke meat with cherry. Haven't tried burning it, but had a couple rounds here (I seem to have lost) that I was going to use for smoking.

Black oak is great, but this stuff, live oak, has even better BTU's. Yes, there is a stray pine chunk or two in this pile ;-)

ad4acc1f9806c6510b8d646b7fbda302.jpg

Mostly folks burn almond (pronounced Ahhmond by those who grew up here) in Chico where I live. I once burned cottonwood from a rancher friend. It was very aromatic, as much as cedar, but different, kinda sweet smelling. Sorry for the digression fellas.
Well, I asked for it. :) The burners up here in Ct claim it's an APHRODISIAC...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Patchkno

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome! All these pictures are inspiring and scary ha! Scary as I can see this becoming another pricey hobby! Never thought a hat would make me feel so good. Have always avoided hats until this year (46 years). Now I have three... the one pictured and a crushable Scala (my first) as well as a crushable from HIB. Probably won't venture into high end for awhile.....besides, these suit me well.... but I do see my collection growing!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am sooooooo far behind on this thread! So many great hats!

My wife and I are headed to Wichita Falls to be present for the birth of grandson #1, grandchild #2. I have already purchased a beautiful Resistol 6 7/8 for him a little down the road. :). I took one hat, my trusty pecan VS. Here's a stop light quickie:

A little detail on the Resistol

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Terry,

You are very welcome! It looks great. In response to your modest second post, I will say that a quality hat takes several well executed steps. I can only take credit for the first few - cleaning, blocking, foot making (very important, that one) pouncing & sweatband. The color combination choice, great ribbon work, and sweet crease are all you buddy. That crown block is a gem though, and I'm glad we finally found you one. You wear it well!
The steps you took were by far the most important in building a quality and solid foundation. I just added the dressing. Thanks again John. Understandably, it's my favorite hat.

Thanks for the welcome! All these pictures are inspiring and scary ha! Scary as I can see this becoming another pricey hobby! Never thought a hat would make me feel so good. Have always avoided hats until this year (46 years). Now I have three... the one pictured and a crushable Scala (my first) as well as a crushable from HIB. Probably won't venture into high end for awhile.....besides, these suit me well.... but I do see my collection growing!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

And a belated welcome from me, for what it's worth. Once you get your hands on a nice vintage or higher quality new hat, you'll better understand the passion. Veritable works of art, they are!

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa, hat-o, that's a sweet lid! I know it's the forced perspective, but that crown looks 6" high bashed!

Excellent hats this weekend, gents!

Stetson No 1 Quality for today.

Wow, that's wonderful, Harv.

Catching up from the weekend, as I was having trouble with images over the weekend. Saturday, relaxing on the front porch, watching the Oktoberfest attendees walk to the festival (and stagger back) in a Dalton.

IMG_1402.JPG

Sunday morning walkabout along the Great Miami River and Downtown Dayton in a SB CD

IMG_1406.JPG

Then some more chillaxin' on the front porch with a cold beer and an Adam Executive Pacesetter

IMG_1414.JPG

Today, I greet Monday in another Dalton - this the Waverly I recently picked up and refurbed

IMG_1418.JPG

(And a St. Charles Streetcar polo from Rubenstein's on Canal Street!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum