Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resistol San Antonio Kings 50
This was one of my "grail" hats. The felt is as nice if not nicer than Stetson 7XCB from that era, though not quite on the same level as the 1950s 7XCB western I recently acquired from Harv. It is one of my favorite hats, cattleman crease and all.

WOW. Tasty!

Northwest Hats for a Friday. Wishing you all a pleasant weekend.

de8e6687997325f72ef4c97c0a505022.jpg

Very nice! I've never seen a wind cord attached in that way. Is it safe?!

I've had this for a while now. I like the hat—a lot, in fact. Could be my favorite, except my particular pet peeve with modern Stetson's has reared it's head—again. The tack stitches are absolutely abysmal. I've never seen worse. I'm waiting on the missus to have a go at them.
View attachment 44814 View attachment 44815

Modern Whippet Royal Deluxe

Super, SUPER lid, Foamy!
But, as often is the case, they're prejudiced against large heads. Stopping at 7-5/8 rules me out, and I would absolutely grab two colors, possibly more if they fit.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
been thinking about getting one of those ... what are your thoughts on it

I'm wary of modern hats ... but I enjoy my modern Stetsonian and Excellent & Premier strats so...

is it comparable to the Stetsonian ?

looks nice ... also looks heavy
These new Royal Delux Stetsons are pretty nice hats as modern hats go. It appears that Stetson is trying to up their quality level and diversity of products. It is a new era for hat companies and I think it is hard to compare your classic and vintage models to these recently manufactured hats. Most of my hats are models purchased in real time; that is currently new hats that I started buying since the early 90's. I have 2 Grand Centrals a Stratoliner and a Stetsonian all open crown hats. I am trying to find a new open crown Whippet.
The hat is big and heavy and a little more pliable than my Stetsonian, which was a tough hat to shape, so if you like the Strat and the Stetsonian you will enjoy the G.C. They are all in the same family as far as I am concerned. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21