Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Newly acquired Stetson Standard Quality Feather Weight - a velour/heather hybrid... soft but not as refined or as squishable as a European velour. Weighs 3.4 ounces - more lightweight than featherweight. Sold in the 1930s by a historic Milwaukee hat shop that closed in 1970.

standardfeather1.jpg

standardfeather2.jpg

standardfeather3.jpg

standardfeather4.jpg

Fine Hat Alan ! That's a Beauty ! 5 ***** ! SWEET !

Everybody has Great Hats today ! Blessed Good Friday ! Peace !

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
@Frunobulax Is that the one I heard was so Soft ? For a New Akubra ? OC ? 2 1/2" brim ? You need to be the model ! That looks SWEET ! Better than I could imagine for 2 1/2" brim , Love the color ! But Everybody wears them (their Hats) Well !
First, thanks to everybody for the good thoughts yesterday. Y'all are a bunch of good eggs and it's a pleasure to be in your company.

Second, great hats today (as usual). Too busy and frankly, a little wiped out today to make specific comments, but another great hat parade on a Good Friday.

I leave this one on the rack all too often, grabbing a vintage instead. But then I put this on and wear it for a while and it all comes back to me - soft, comfortable, great deep, rich chocolate color, perfect fit. The Akubra Fedora. I think it has a Playboy vibe to it, even down to how soft it is. Nothing like vintage, of course, but all-in-all, one of the nicest lids I've purchased new.

View attachment 47078 View attachment 47079

Cheers, everybody!

Been following this thread all week without a lot of time to post and I haven't seen a mediocre hat in the bunch. All stellar as usual. I didn't figure anyone, with the exception of Dale, wanted to see me in a PBR ball cap as I was cleaning out gutters and doing early spring yard work for my mom. Got a little me time this afternoon and I'm heading out looking for a cocktail in my Stetson Twenty mode edge.
CIMG1263.JPG
CIMG1264.JPG
CIMG1265.JPG

Been following this thread all week without a lot of time to post and I haven't seen a mediocre hat in the bunch. All stellar as usual. I didn't figure anyone, with the exception of Dale, wanted to see me in a PBR ball cap as I was cleaning out gutters and doing early spring yard work for my mom. Got a little me time this afternoon and I'm heading out looking for a cocktail in my Stetson Twenty mode edge.
View attachment 47092 View attachment 47093 View attachment 47094
Looking good, my man. Love the 20. What kinda cocktail we talkin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael