Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Kiltie and no obligation to say anything about my hats.... as long as there is no lip stick involved.;)

kiltie

Practically Family
I'm wearing the one I posted in this thread today:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=29646&page=163

But I look like a stir fried pile of poop just this second, so no pics on the head. Just kinda getting a feel for it; trying different shapes, etc... Hopefully I'll get it out for a drink tonight, after a shower and shave ( and perhaps a minor plastic surgery to remove the recent chronic eye bags. Of course, taking my hats out for a drink and my last statement are likely close relatives.
:eusa_doh: [huh]

kiltie

Practically Family
Goose. said:
Yep. I know what you mean about Douglas' hats and attire. How many times can I post how great it works? He'll get a big head then have to order all new lids that fit. So I figure I am helping his hat budget by not saying anything ;)

But who can deny that this is one cat in the sandbox that is hard to top? :eusa_clap

Wait a minute there Goose; you might be on to something. If he get's a big enough head, he may be compelled to sell off his current collection ( to especially smarmy Lounge members, of course ) to subsidize a new one. Maybe we're all wrong here?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
At work and after
job028.jpg

job027.jpg
How high up are you Bart?:eek:
I've also given that username some thought, You have a bicycle? Then you can still be HandlebarBart.lol

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Nice 'blackie' there, rlk.

Very impressive shots, Bart. How'd the co-workers handle the 'stashectomy'?

Jimmy, Douglas, gtdean, all more than holding your own in the heavy-hitters-hat-wearin' department. Well done!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
How high up are you Bart?:eek:
I've also given that username some thought, You have a bicycle? Then you can still be HandlebarBart.lol

Just 4 stories there. Nope no bikes[huh] The handlebar moniker is really gonna mess up new peoplelol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Nice 'blackie' there, rlk.

Very impressive shots, Bart. How'd the co-workers handle the 'stashectomy'?

Jimmy, Douglas, gtdean, all more than holding your own in the heavy-hitters-hat-wearin' department. Well done!

Well, I'm usually the one doing the ribbing, but I have been on the recieving end lately.Ranging from comments like "I didn't know this was bring your kid to work day", "Does your mommy know you are here", "Kids can only work half days", "Whose this new punk?" ('Punks' are apprentice Ironworkers, its derogatory), on and on and on.lol lol lol Of course I'm only giving examples of the tame stuff. Serves me right though, all the razzing I dish out on a daily basis.

So to answer the question Gene...................they are havin a blast

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
portolan said:
about a Stetson Gun Club.....very cool hat on an even cooler guy!

Thanks, dudes.

Here's more of my Gun Club: http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/harpplayergene/Stetson Gun Club/

Mine is modern. Fur felt but nothing to scream about. Tough western weight. I changed the band on it and gave it a sort of kettle curled brim shape.

I believe the "Gun Club" model name dates to fairly far back. I also believe there have been a wide variety of styles that have had this moniker.

I think I'll start a separate thread inviting folks to show their Gun Clubs and I'll bet we'll see some real different hats.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
new hat arrived today

This is a red/blk tweed wool 1930's hat bought on evilBay in UK.
Suit is new but vintage inspired from Ralph Lauren Chaps.
Purse is vintage crocodile, vintage Hanes stockings, new ballroom shoes

359440003.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here you go Gene.

7 1/2 LO Royal DeLuxe Stetson Gun Club and pin, circa (?)
3387073656_aee1d41459.jpg
3387078466_d051ebaec1.jpg

I have this same hat in three sizes.

* One came with a 1939 receipt but on closer reading the receipt was for a Sea Scout Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff