Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I've been trying to hold off on buying another hat but don't have a Fed yet and pics like that don't help to discourage :)
Keep in mind, JohnnyCanuck is wearing a Federation III in those photos, which was discontinued when Akubra introduced the Federation IV in 2008 (I think). The dimensions on the Fed IV are a bit more "modest" (i.e. a narrower brim and, I think, a slightly shorter crown), so the Fed you receive won't look exactly like Johnny's. To be clear, I am in no way attempting to dissuade you from purchasing a Fed IV--they're my favorite current production-made hat, and I think everyone should own at least one. I just don't want you to be disappointed when the hat you receive doesn't...err...measure up...to Johnny's.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well yesterday my 7XCB. Stetson knew how to make a timeless felt.
20160914.jpg

Looks like we have a few hot days left in the year. I have had this hat for years but have never fell in love with it.

Johnny

That looks like a very, very nice quality Panama, John!! If you don't love it as is, why not get it re-blocked to your liking? It's a spectacular looker, sir! (Like your little sweetheart in your arms!!)

Man! It's been a WHILE since I posted in or even thumbed through this thread! Good to see the usual suspects are still hanging out around here, and that you're all looking spectacular with the constantly growing collection of noggin covers!! [emoji106]

Since we're kinda having some of that armpit-type weather here in the Carolinas today, too (and here I thought it was mid-September! So ready to break out my velour hats again!!), I'm sporting my Stetson "straw", my new specs courtesy of Ray-Ban, and a couple-years-older-than-me Accutron from Bulova so I can accurately countdown to get off from work time!
c4ca59c135b8bb40c544a4c8c851a19a.jpg

67273d55ba0368891cc5bdc22c6c5294.jpg
b39adcc9d99348e4087900099e802a7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Good to see you, Rami! Super lid, there, as usual! I was actually looking at Accutrons yesterday at BJ's. I remember the hoopla when they were first introduced. My uncle had one that would wake up his wife with its high-pitch noise if he wore it to bed. Who wears a watch to bed? He must have really liked his, too!!

... Accutron from Bulova so I can accurately countdown to get off from work time

I was actually looking at Accutrons yesterday at BJ's. I remember the hoopla when they were first introduced.
I'm a fan of Accutrons also. I have a version of the 214 Space View that I bought new, & my dad's "Retirement watch" which is a 219 with bracelet. I'm thinking Rami's is either a 218 or 219. I need to get mine adjusted so it will run accurately on the new batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo