Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone for the recent comments and likes.
Thanks, Fed. You've posted up some great hats and shirts yourself. I've been an avid cowboy boot collector for several years collecting vintage and custom made boots. In fact, I joined this site because of the cowboy boot thread. What a mistake. I've sold off some of my lesser worn boots to buy hats and the hat collection is beginning to rival the boot collection if not surpass it. Yesterday's boots are a smooth ostrich made by Jesse Bogle, a Phoenix, AZ bootmaker who retired in 1997 and died in 2003. I'm fortunate enough to have three pairs of his boots.

Thanks! I better not go to the cowboy boot thread...

I picked up a pair of black Lucchese smooth ostrich Ropers from Goodwill a few weeks ago. I really like them. Certainly not a custom fit, but for less than $100 I thought it was a good deal. I've seen them new for $566 at online retailers and Lucchese lists them at $795. I'm so paranoid when I wear them. I don't want to scuff them up or get a cut on them... I normally wear some Ariat square toe boots that scuff just fine, LOL.

Thanks! I better not go to the cowboy boot thread...

I picked up a pair of black Lucchese smooth ostrich Ropers from Goodwill a few weeks ago. I really like them. Certainly not a custom fit, but for less than $100 I thought it was a good deal. I've seen them new for $566 at online retailers and Lucchese lists them at $795. I'm so paranoid when I wear them. I don't want to scuff them up or get a cut on them... I normally wear some Ariat square toe boots that scuff just fine, LOL.
You have to treat your boots like your hats. Just wear them. I put a nice layer of mink oil on mine several times a year. I do avoid wearing them in slushy, nasty weather, but if protected with a coating they should do OK. My real special ones like Ostrich I just wear in nice weather.

"Thin (ribbon) may be IN, but fat's where it's AT!" (Apologies to Mad Magazine, from the late 1960s, I believe.)

Stetson 3x OR; ca. late 1950s...
( re-posted from the wayback files of last September)
DSC01184.jpg DSC01193.jpg DSC01195.jpg

I thought a Pendleton!:p

YOU knew, that's who!!

And Jay is back to Knotten again. Kind enough to pass out two "likes" to me this morning, the first was from J.E., and the second was from Knotten. You started with Knotten, and now you're back to Knotten. Well, as usual, a super, SUPER Skyfleet lid today, Jay (or whomever you want to be today)!

Knotten

Practically Family
YOU knew, that's who!!

And Jay is back to Knotten again. Kind enough to pass out two "likes" to me this morning, the first was from J.E., and the second was from Knotten. You started with Knotten, and now you're back to Knotten. Well, as usual, a super, SUPER Skyfleet lid today, Jay (or whomever you want to be today)!
I find I can do twice as much with an alter-ego! My other side liked my own stuff, too. (I'm easily amused.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff