Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
HMMMMM! Have you checked your hydration level? [huh]
I'm always dehydrated!:eusa_doh: lol

Seriously though, I just don't get all the I can't wear my felt until winter stuff that is always said here. People used to wear long sleeves, long pants and felt hats for hard work. Now it's I can't wear anything but a straw, I think we have just become soft...lol

I do realize some felts are thicker and can be hotter but some like the campdraft to me are not to thick or hot to wear. [huh]

indycop said:
Seriously though, I just don't get all the I can't wear my felt until winter stuff that is always said here. People used to wear long sleeves, long pants and felt hats for hard work. Now it's I can't wear anything but a straw, I think we have just become soft...lol

I do realize some felts are thicker and can be hotter but some like the campdraft to me are not to thick or hot to wear. [huh]
You are correct, John. Central heat & air has made wimps of what was once rugged men. In the War of Northern Aggression days, one was considered undressed without a coat on & button up. Being in shirt sleeves was comparable to no shirt of today. Those folks were accustomed to many layers of clothing that we would be hard pressed to tolerate. Just do a true living history portrayal in period clothing & you'll quickly see how wimpy we have become.
I do wear my lite felts year round but do work in straws to let my noggin breathe!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
You are correct, John. Central heat & air has made wimps of what was once rugged men. In the War of Northern Aggression days, one was considered undressed without a coat on & button up. Being in shirt sleeves was comparable to no shirt of today. Those folks were accustomed to many layers of clothing that we would be hard pressed to tolerate. Just do a true living history portrayal in period clothing & you'll quickly see how wimpy we have become.
I do wear my lite felts year round but do work in straws to let my noggin breathe!
Maybe my time in the Army got me used to being in the heat with longsleeves, long pants and a K-pot so a hat is no big deal.lol

Michaelshane

One Too Many
This is my yard sale borsalino..

P1040587_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I've been wearing felt hats year around for many years.Long sleeves and hats are for shade.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
This is my yard sale borsalino..

P1040587_edited-1.jpg

I've been wearing felt hats year around for many years.Long sleeves and hats are for shade.

What a great color - nice find.

I've been wearing my silverbelly Borso thin-ribbon for days now - it just feels to good not to wear. Would love to pick one up in a brown.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Nice photos, Kiltie. Good to see you back!

Gene -- love the Borso. Good look, brother. :eusa_clap

Michaelshane -- I hate those ratty looking Borsos that show up at yard sales...;) :D

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
Suspenders AND a belt? Never trust a man who doesn't trust his own pants! - John Wayne....:D

lol lol lol lol

Beautiful Borso, Gene. You're looking pretty sharp there.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
indycop said:
I'm always dehydrated!:eusa_doh: lol

Seriously though, I just don't get all the I can't wear my felt until winter stuff that is always said here. People used to wear long sleeves, long pants and felt hats for hard work.

I was out cutting wood today, it was 77 degrees and I wore my Squatter. It wasn't that bad. I figured I wouldn't wear it all day but I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats