Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the debut of my Moon care package 2016! A modern Stetson Stratoliner, Excellent (Bill and Ted approved) quality. Sage green, soft and supple and with a Ant diamond bash. It will be getting a lot of head time. We have a whole day of events to go to today, and this hat will be my statement for the season.
View attachment 62880 View attachment 62881
I'll be posting a full review in the new hat thread. Hard to be objective right now, I'm still in the honeymoon phase of this beauty. Thanks Moon!
Looks good on you Red!

4e9efb8b3d14bc4e94bac127ef6a9aaf.jpg
My favorite of yours.
You look great.

From what I remember, there were elements of rejecting complexity, a deconstruction that seemed more about destruction than discovery.

It was a conscious deconstruction, too. Guys like Steve Jones, Joe Strummer and the like are seriously good musicians and songwriters. the perception is talentless blokes thrashing on guitars, but the opposite was/is true in many cases. And shoot, the Pistols were as much about fashion and marketing as music (I think Moon will agree with me there). And there's absolutely nothing wrong with garage rock - I wasn't disparaging. Elvis was garage rock. Jerry Lee Lewis is punk.

OK, enough threadjack. Let's see some hats!

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hat. And you guys look absolutely exquisite.

I hope that you both had a fun evening.
Thanks, MM! Fraternity holiday party last night. Very Merry! That Game bird you posted is one of my favorite hats in your collection. I love the texture and color. I see our buddy Moe has one too! I am jealous. I am going to have track one down for myself. Enjoy the day.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Continuing my Christmassy scheme while shoveling a little snow at -9 F. My go to snow shoveling cap.
P1220449 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
At least it's sunny and not too windy.
P1220450 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The Filson gets a rest and Woolrich gets a little love today.
P1220442 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Lovely day. I need to build a sauna.

Michael
Rocking it today Michael! You get a real Ho! Ho! Ho! on that outfit. Great cap and jacket combo. Love those Woolrich products.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Hey peeps!
Such a pleasure it is to be in the company of such well-hatted folks. Also quite a kick to be amongst a group that doesn't think an adult (technically) with a rubber chicken is a bad thing. I firmly believe that this world would benefit greatly from at least a 21% increase in daily silliness.
As I have long ago misplaced my own latex leghorn, all I have to offer is this old duck.

40's Dobbs Game Bird

82ce42cc8c00ad1e783bcc850b7fe6a5.jpg

Now go forth, all, and commit some harmless tomfoolery!
And have a great day whilst doing it.:)

Wow! That's a great hat. The texture jumps of my screen. Color is superb!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Can you educate me on a ribbon disk? Do you have a photo?

If the photo also has a fake Persian lamb in it, that would be even better.
[emoji1]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Let's start with the ribbon disk. Here's a link to a vendor who sells it in the US: https://www.judithm.com/products/ribbon-disk
And here it is in use, mine is from blockmakers Morse Brown:
ribbon_disk.JPG
It's only useful for straight brims (fedoras etc), if the brim curls up like on a homburg then it's of no use because the ribbon is not curled on its folded edge.
I think you're making fun of poor me with the fake Persian lamb question... probably the word would be faux persian lamb? http://www.moodfabrics.com/black-faux-persian-lamb-fur-309383.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner