Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Great look, BlueAZ! Love the Hommie, but tell us about that jacket!
Thanks! The jacket is by the former high-end Canadian leatherwear producer Danier (now out of business). I believe it is lamb hide -- it has a zipper and button front, chin closure, four utility pockets, and one "hidden" pocket on the lest breast. Fully lined and super comfortable. I'll have a hard time finding another like it in another size, so that's extra motivation to keep working out!!

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Stetson Sovereign, super lightweight. Like a cloud sitting on my head.
2017-01-24 20.26.23.jpg

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
At last I can wear a hat in my walk home :)
In recent weeks it was difficult for low temperatures
Today show is one of the oldest hats in my possession and also one that I particularly like wearing
34h98y1.jpg

Meer (the name of the hat shop) is the trademark for a hat produced by Thibet (France)
25hzfwk.jpg

Felt is a mixture of wool and fur and finishes make me date it to the thirties or maximum forty
kbx9c.jpg

Touch the felt is rough, very malleable has a fantastic fit and can be shaped at will
2u61yqx.jpg

Today the temperature is very pleasant and the cold is in the doldrums, but not for long!
ipxh69.jpg

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the likes of yesterday for the Lock&Co.
The photographs were not that great .... my battle with technology is still going on:rolleyes:
Beautiful midnight blue !!! Reminds me of my Barbisio Bolo

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Maybe a beaver/nutria blend???? ;)
They call it cuy (pronounced 'coo-ee) in Spanish. It's a sort of guinea pig some people eat in Ecuador and Peru (?), I believe. I've tried it twice while visiting Cuenca, and that's enough for me!
I thought beaver was tolerable with enough hot barbecue sauce, though the roast tail didn't live up to it's billing. Does the cuy fur felt?

Nice Michael, minion hands !!

Thanks Rodolfo. Apparently I am once again out of step with the world as I have little idea what a minion is, though I take it they have yellow hands.

Michael

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I thought beaver was tolerable with enough hot barbecue sauce, though the roast tail didn't live up to it's billing. Does the cuy fur felt?

Thanks Rodolfo. Apparently I am once again out of step with the world as I have little idea what a minion is, though I take it they have yellow hands.

Michael
Yes, from the movie Despicable Me, thats what my 7 year old said when he saw your pic !!

Lots of very nice hats showing up here on this chilly day. I'm going western for a change. Wrangler 4X Beaver.
P1230144 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1230154 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1230153 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And it's looking very charcoal outside, so I'm going with the flow.
1-24-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good one.

Michael
You wear this style well my friend. Love the overall look with that hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo