Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, I've been poke'n around for a bit and finally felt like sayin hello ;) Here are some interior pics. Condition is excellent but I have no idea of the exact age. Don't know much about Klee Bros besides what I could find out about the department store.
Welcome Gunner.

That is one heck of a way to make a splash. Just an extraordinarily beautiful hat...

Hard Friday so far. Wearin' the Camp Draft.

4a5da47bde5232dc009640b0cb5040d7.jpg

73c7642bca23c6f5eff67395d92e0f41.jpg

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, I've been poke'n around for a bit and finally felt like sayin hello ;) Here are some interior pics. Condition is excellent but I have no idea of the exact age. Don't know much about Klee Bros besides what I could find out about the department store.
Klee Bros. was a department store in Chicago (but you knew that). Quite clearly, whomever made their store branded hats did a beautiful job!

Here's a pic of their building.
8080cf604c6dc002727efcbb809bd6ca.jpg

And a little info about the company for anyone else who might be interested:

"Built in 1931, the five-story art deco Klee building takes its name from Klee Brothers, a men's clothier that trumpeted its retail amenities almost as much as the garments it had for sale. "The equipment of our stores, their lighting, their ventilation, their generously apportioned salesrooms, their homelike atmosphere--all these we consider second only to the high class of merchandise we handle," read an early Klee advertising pamphlet. The flatiron-style building boasted elevators with wrought-iron dials, wide stairwells, terrazzo floors, and marble wainscoting--luxurious for the working-class neighborhood.

With office suites above the store attracting dentists and other professionals, the building prospered into the 1960s, when Klee Brothers sold out to the Rothschild's clothing chain."

Last edited:

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I'm a big fan of matching, and you do a great job!
I like the purple with the gray hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Amos!

Another great hat Rick.

Thanks Perry!

Great looking.

That means a lot coming from you. You always are sporting a cool hat!

That ribbon is fantastic!!!

Great acquisition, Rick.

Thanks Matt! Glad you are feeling better my friend!

Robert, that Mallory is spectacular!

Greg, I love that hat!

Impressive debut, Gunner. I love those independent and store brands. Going from memory here (what's left of it), but from the union tag and re-order tag, I say 1940s.

Nice pick up!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner