Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

101 Pathfinder

A-List Customer
Huckel 3.jpg

This is my Huckel Fedora. I don't know much about it other than I love it!! The working # is 6111. Shape is 79820 Z.
Controlled 417 84. Quality is Hornet Super Lux. Color is 6288. Week 87. Size 55. I just had is shaped and stretched to fit me.
Any comments are welcome. Thanx!! View attachment 67523 View attachment 67524
Looks great! It's a Tonak Hückel from Novy Jicin, Czechoslovakia. J. Hückel´s Söhne was nationalized as Tonak after WWII. Does it have a paper label behind the sweatband and mark on the other side of the sweatband? Probably best to post the photos again here so I can respond.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/german-austrian-hutmachers.32103/page-278

Here you can find more info on JHS than you probably want to know. :)

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/6-johann-hückel´s-söhne-hückel-hutfabrik-weilheim/

Last edited:
Thank you! Great looking Lock & Co. Homburg from you today!

Is there NO END to the fine felts that you so frequently find?! Fabulous, Steve!! What do you think is the age?
Charlie, Thanks! I found this one about a year ago but I came across it again last week. I am not really sure about how old it is. It has the look of a late 1920s hat but it could have been made a bit later from old stock. I really like to find old hats with the tip patches still present. This one is exceptional because it was never worn.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
This is my Huckel Fedora. I don't know much about it other than I love it!! The working # is 6111. Shape is 79820 Z.
Controlled 417 84. Quality is Hornet Super Lux. Color is 6288. Week 87. Size 55. I just had is shaped and stretched to fit me.
Any comments are welcome. Thanx!! View attachment 67523 View attachment 67524
I know next to nothing about Huckel, but I know that is a great looking hat.

Kuki

One of the Regulars
There is no end to the amazing hats on this thread... I doze off for a couple of days and when I get back, wow!
Not much of a contribution on my side today, my wrinkly wool hat pushed back in order to see the incoming traffic... do you take your hat off for driving? I guess it's a must if you're really tall...
Anyway been busy getting a crowdfunding campaing ready for Barcelona's Stroll with a hat (we give free commemorative badges and with 2500 people expected to attend and no sponsors we're in deep s**t). Any how you're all cordially invited to attend, it's a free gathering and it's fun! We even have an English version of the poster :)
3d3c5c99e0756908cacfc1eebdc85d99.jpg
bc5683e9146ad03ed7687c87f1e6ca74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
that right there is everything ... I've been tirelessly searching for this hat to no avail
I would give up 3/4 of my collection for an early Playboy in this colorway

Thanks Anthony. Seriosuly it is serendipity that it found it's way to my hands. I accept that luck is a higher percentage than effort/diligence in finding the "gem" fedora. Like you I have found vtg. Playboys are not vtg. Playboys. I can still dream of the vtg. Stetson Playboy with Vita felt, lightweight felt w/ 2.5" brim w/stitching, crown vent holes, working wind cord, gray felt with charcoal/blue ribbon.

That dream is still alive at my house. I enjoy the hunt! Ahhh, it may be a dream but Anthony, like you I, I continue the diligent hunt.

Thanks for the thumbs up sir! I tip my brim in an easterly direction, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk