Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonderful shape Alan
perfect classic lines
this is a shape that I can never quite achieve

Nothing fancy here Anthony, just a quick center dent and front squeeze. Thanks for the kind words.

Man, that's beautiful...

Tip of the hat to you... thanks!

Super "new" hat Alan. What's the age estimate?

Post WWII I think but perhaps pre 1950. Just guessing.

brown_gorasgu3.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I just love this look! My next custom is going to have one of those two foot tall crowns.
Ha! Yup. It's definitely tall and straight! Just the way a lot of us like them! Just re-watched one of my favorite classic film noir movies last week, "Murder My Sweet" (1944), with Dick Powell and Mike Mazurki. Talk about tall crowns and wide brims! Not everybody can pull off the tall crowns, but a big guy like Mazurki could...(check out that classic '40s Whippet style lid he's wearing in this scene.)!

murder_my_sweet.jpg

Another of my favorite Film Noir movies was, "Out Of The Past" (1947), with Robert Mitchum and Kirk Douglas. Here's a tall crown wide brimmed thin ribbon. Gotta love these movies!
Guys back in the day knew how to wear hats!
Out_of_the_Past_1.jpg

Ha! Yup. It's definitely tall and straight! Just the way a lot of us like them! Just re-watched one of my favorite classic film noir movies last week, "Murder My Sweet" (1944), with Dick Powell and Mike Mazurki. Talk about tall crowns and wide brims! Not everybody can pull off the tall crowns, but a big guy like Mazurki could...(check out that classic '40s Whippet style lid he's wearing in this scene.)!

murder_my_sweet.jpg

Another of my favorite Film Noir movies was, "Out Of The Past" (1947), with Robert Mitchum and Kirk Douglas. Here's a tall crown wide brimmed thin ribbon. Gotta love these movies!
Guys back in the day knew how to wear hats!
Out_of_the_Past_1.jpg
Ndever mind Mazurki's hat, I want that jacket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum