Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
And the evening was with top hat, white tie and tails. The Melton & Co. topper.
17388978_1482042955163538_2410042688283685032_o.jpg

17390680_1482272181807282_7924173330220811383_o.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I had an opportunity to listen to some world class acoustic musicians this evening (Pat Donahue and Mary Flowers) at a friends house concert. Wore a vtg. Dobbs Cross Country.

i-4DVnsSv-M.jpg

i-fJ9hd2v-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Very dapper, Eric. Live music is the best, especially in an intimate setting like a friend's house. Mary Flower is from Portland, Oregon.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's what I have. I thought I took more pictures, but one during the pouncing is all I took. As you can see, there was a good deal of material coming off. I had to sand then brush away, repeating the process over several times until I felt it was thin enough. Then I used a few different grits of finer sand paper to get a smoother finish...

In the process of pouncing. I had this stuff going all over the place.
It was messy.
IMG_5273.jpg

Flanged the brim and creased the crown
IMG_5279_a.jpg

IMG_5280_a.jpg

IMG_5281_a.jpg

Finished off with a mid ribbon
Modern_Whippet_3.jpg

Ok I need to see your YouTube video for that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Very dapper, Eric. Live music is the best, especially in an intimate setting like a friend's house. Mary Flower is from Portland, Oregon.

Thanks for the compliment sir.

You are good - Mary is from Portland. I have seen her live many times. I am definitely a fan of the acoustic blues/jazz folks and Mary is one of the world class musicians. I am old enough to recall her and a playing partner opening for the Beach Boys back in Denver, Co. Now that is a blast from the past (late 70's). I was just a kid, but her playing awake something within me. I just wanted to play the acoustic guitar like that. Not that the Beach Boys were less - just liked the acoustic blues sound I heard.

Best, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred