Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Dinerman said:
Stetson No. 1 Quality

6332_115395445908_630485908_2173656.jpg

I like this one, Dinerman.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Dinerman, great outdoor pics. You fit there perfectly with that assembly.

Chiliarches, it is frequent we pay too much by our hats when we are beginning in the hat hobby... but the hat does look well on you, and you say you like it too, so wear it and do not regret.

Pfather, classy (and classic!) look!

Torpedo

One Too Many
We went to a Birds of Prey show, at the Cim d'Àligues (Eagle's Peak). I selected my Dobbs Toledo for the occassion - a decent straw casual hat.

DobbsToledo-2.jpg

:eek:fftopic:

Behind us there are several of the eagles on display. There were a good variety of eagles, falcons, vultures and other birds of prey; and also other kinds of birds, mostly nocturnal species, like owls. The show includes flight demonstrations - it is impressive to have one of these beautiful birds flying so close you can actually feel its wings displacing the air about your head.

DSC_0751bis.jpg

(Here is the website address for those who may want to know more... there is an English language text section)

http://www.cimaligues.net/

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Stetson "Shady Oak" Open Road...(+Nat Nast atomic retro shirt ;))...

ShadyOakOR-6.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

JTL, I LOVE that hat!!! Nice color and great swoop from the photo angle. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RBH

Bartender
Chiliarches said:
Number two in the ongoing photograph series of all my new hats.

Cheapish hat - plastic sweat, rough weave, stiff straw, and I paid too much for it...but it's hot as heck up here right now and it's my only straw. I do like it, but I still need a good panama.

100_1302-1.jpg

Incidentally, I have concluded that Pinzano is not a real company name...not only can I find no information on it at all, but I found a beat up straw hat in an Antique shop that had a very similar sticker on the inside of it (similar coat of arms) and the same kind of plastic sweat...but was called something else that I'd never heard of. I'm guessing some hat company makes inexpensive hats under a variety of exotic-sounding names.

...correct me if I'm wrong.

- Cross posted in the New Hats thread-

Pinzano is a nice hat. I have a straw that has held up very well.
The hat is made by Ozark Hat Company of Saint Elizabeth, MO.
Ozark Hat is part of the family that Winchester Hat Corp of Winchester TN belongs.
Both are part of our felt making friend Greg Fisk's family of hat making businesses, which also includes Stratton Hats.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
RBH said:
Pinzano is a nice hat. I have a straw that has held up very well.
The hat is made by Ozark Hat Company of Saint Elizabeth, MO.
Ozark Hat is part of the family that Winchester Hat Corp of Winchester TN belongs.
Both are part of our felt making friend Greg Fisk's family of hat making businesses, which also includes Stratton Hats.

Well, I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes!

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Torpedo said:
Dinerman, great outdoor pics. You fit there perfectly with that assembly.

Chiliarches, it is frequent we pay too much by our hats when we are beginning in the hat hobby... but the hat does look well on you, and you say you like it too, so wear it and do not regret.

Pfather, classy (and classic!) look!

No regrets - it was that hat that got me into a hat shop two months ago. As I say, I like it.

Goose.

Practically Family
Torpedo said:
We went to a Birds of Prey show, at the Cim d'Àligues (Eagle's Peak). I selected my Dobbs Toledo for the occassion - a decent straw casual hat.

DobbsToledo-2.jpg

Holy Toledo Torpedo. Cool pics.
I'm not a fan of feathers on headwear, but that little lady that I presume is your daughter, seems to like them in her hairband. ;)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
JTL, I LOVE that hat!!! Nice color and great swoop from the photo angle. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks, Mr. P (and Rusty;))! That one is a 7X Clear Beaver, and the felt is truly amazing.

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany