Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a today pic but I'm sporting the Borsalino this morning. Grey, drippy day brightened up by some incredible felt.
3May17 Borsalino front.jpg
3May17 Borsalino side.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Damn... I loves me a good lookin' derby!
GREAT!!!!!
Check out the way the sunlight reflects off of the felt. I love the way that derbies do that. Gotta love the resin.
Thanks Matt. There is something special about stiff felt in the sun

Sporty with a touch of class. I like it. Does it have a liner?
Thanks Red. No liner in this one and unfortunately the tip protector/logo is gone. All that remains is a little glue residue.

Glasses and hat are great together.
Thanks Perry. They do seem from the same era.

Off to see if this derby is aerodynamically suited to bicycling.

Thanks all,
Michael

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
It was only on my head for a little while. The smallest 7 1/4 I have had. I wanted to see if I could pull off the OR look. I'm not quite sold on the idea. Brent Conformatic, 2 3/4 brim, nice felt. Overall a nice hat, just not tippy top quality.

View attachment 74341 View attachment 74342
Depending on yer mood and dress, try to snap the brim down a bit in the front to give it a more trad fedora look and you'll enhance its wearibility with different outfits. That's what I do with my OR at times to make it appear less "western."

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You're so well dressed your doctor should take you to dinner after your prostate exam.
Another clean bill, and no prostrate check this time. At the risk of sounding boring, I've been covering a guy's nightshift for the last twelve months, he had what is medically known as transient ischemic attack, or TIA. It's a sort of mini stroke. He too has now had a clean bill of health so tonight is my last night of covering him.

This is my hard hat, it's not standard issue, that was a common or garden bone dome. I'm thinking of getting this hat sprayed to look like the real thing, but it depends on cost.
hard hat.jpg

Last night's moon was probably the full moon, the guys were going on about witches, as this is my last night, and out of sheer devilment, I'm wearing this shirt, I shall also wear one of the two hats, that's before I have to put my hard hat on. Both the felt and the straw are courtesy of Esther.
aloha 164.JPG aloha 165.JPG

Another clean bill, and no prostrate check this time. At the risk of sounding boring, I've been covering a guy's nightshift for the last twelve months, he had what is medically known as transient ischemic attack, or TIA. It's a sort of mini stroke. He too has now had a clean bill of health so tonight is my last night of covering him.

This is my hard hat, it's not standard issue, that was a common or garden bone dome. I'm thinking of getting this hat sprayed to look like the real thing, but it depends on cost.
View attachment 74367

Last night's moon was probably the full moon, the guys were going on about witches, as this is my last night, and out of sheer devilment, I'm wearing this shirt, I shall also wear one of the two hats, that's before I have to put my hard hat on. Both the felt and the straw are courtesy of Esther.
View attachment 74368 View attachment 74369
Your shirt is very bewitching.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
It was only on my head for a little while. The smallest 7 1/4 I have had. I wanted to see if I could pull off the OR look. I'm not quite sold on the idea. Brent Conformatic, 2 3/4 brim, nice felt. Overall a nice hat, just not tippy top quality.

View attachment 74341 View attachment 74342
Ha! Red it looks great! Just throw on some jeans and a Carhart jacket... and some elephant hide western boots!!! Add some dark glasses and your Mercedes and you've got a whole new personna! An Orygun grass seed tycon!

Seriously, though, it looks really good pard!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
My doctor is very much old school. He wears a collar and tie to work and a rather natty trilby hat. Today is my annual health check day, I have a medical every year, I just hope that all is well down below, not that there's any symptoms of anything, but last year, doctor put on the surgical gloves and checked my prostrate. Here's hoping that I look as impeccable as my doctor and that he is so impressed he leaves the surgical gloves in the drawer.
View attachment 74343
Screamin' outfit, GHT! Here's to your health!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Dang... Yesterday was a banner hat day. Too many insane head covers to comment on.

Thanks for the kind words about mine.

Today, I continue to experiment with Bob H.'s idea the the jacket will go with any hat and am giving an Imperial Stetson a go.

The blue hue doesn't come across in most of the images on this overcast, drizzly morn'. The one of the sweat most closely represents it, I guess.

Happy hatting (and Friday).

9b9a27d984bcbd583f20bb4274e86c31.jpg
442a62d9d7f53abd5c0bdb0ccd3b936d.jpg
a923abd2fdd6093357ff66c28e2f3143.jpg
34ec4fa833f674a3ea0b60c4090cc31f.jpg
d1a1c85fb0868d8ad3daa8b98a989039.jpg
33e50e0dd3fd0bc4a98bae650aed3d04.jpg
Smashing, as usual, Matt!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Dang... Yesterday was a banner hat day. Too many insane head covers to comment on.

Thanks for the kind words about mine.

Today, I continue to experiment with Bob H.'s idea the the jacket will go with any hat and am giving an Imperial Stetson a go.

The blue hue doesn't come across in most of the images on this overcast, drizzly morn'. The one of the sweat most closely represents it, I guess.

Happy hatting (and Friday).

9b9a27d984bcbd583f20bb4274e86c31.jpg
442a62d9d7f53abd5c0bdb0ccd3b936d.jpg
a923abd2fdd6093357ff66c28e2f3143.jpg
34ec4fa833f674a3ea0b60c4090cc31f.jpg
d1a1c85fb0868d8ad3daa8b98a989039.jpg
33e50e0dd3fd0bc4a98bae650aed3d04.jpg
So far the theory is holding. I'm waiting to see that sucker with the Garfinckel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points