Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I wore a hard hat today while I removed downed trees. The prior two days I wore the same old Scala "Panama" (my wife a Cripple Creek Hat Co.) that we dressed up with newly purchased beaded hat bands from the local craft fair.

b2fd7197f793772c02683466b1364a79.jpg

968301fadcd8cf60a9bfe4ceee657e98.jpg
That first photo of the two of you says so many things

I just love that photograph

The candid laughter ... the sort of inside joke feel of it ... looks like a team who's identities are not quite given away

Just a great shot

That first photo of the two of you says so many things

I just love that photograph

The candid laughter ... the sort of inside joke feel of it ... looks like a team who's identities are not quite given away

Just a great shot

Thanks Ant! You sure do talk "purdy" at 1:00 am. :D

Prefect description Anthony .

Ditto.

Nice panama, Bob. I like the shirt too. A very nice casual summer look.

Thanks Sergej! It's the same shirt that Eric @Short Balding Guy is wearing a couple of pages back. He wears it better. :)

There are a few dedicated posts to the Dobbs Gay Prince and a smattering of examples posted in other threads - from Dobbs and in like styles from other makers during the same era. I've owned several. Most were substantial felts of a sueded finish, though one Dobbs shown below is a lightweight hat with a heather finish.

gayprinceworking1.jpg

gayprince2.jpg

gaylight2.jpg

Stetson, in 3X beaver quality:

tijuana2.jpg
It is great to see these beautiful examples. The stitching on the brim and band are wider than I remembered. These shots are going in my Whipstitch file as well. Thanks Alan.

Good morning I am heading out in a VS Executive (blue smoke felt ).

i-qxbfV6t-M.jpg

i-XCcGVjB-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Beautiful color! Is this one a VS only or is it available, I have not noticed it while shopping felt samples? Shark's Gill is a perfect example of Art's work. Want...badly.

Good Monday morn, fellow hat sufficianados! Bee-yootiful day here in Funkytown. I greet it, and the week, enthusiastically beneath this Dalton.

8bcc103f629c14990ce36f2fbee103f5.jpg
dc0df9a9e72e3b59faee751684fd2e39.jpg
b38f4497cab0397d23b9b2deebd2e561.jpg

Hope everybody has a great day!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Have a good week Jim, great start with that fantastic Dalton!

View attachment 76143
Fairly old Panama Bob cuenca today.

Nice Panama Bob.

44df59ebd1d624868a0dc216ad5e73ca.jpg

OR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic look Perry, that tie is a hoot!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I wore a hard hat today while I removed downed trees. The prior two days I wore the same old Scala "Panama" (my wife a Cripple Creek Hat Co.) that we dressed up with newly purchased beaded hat bands from the local craft fair.

968301fadcd8cf60a9bfe4ceee657e98.jpg

You and your wife appear to be enjoying the Fair. Nice hats and great beaded hat bands.

I like the shirt. Of course we have the same shirt. All the folks in our cult wear the uniform.

i-QR4JJBV-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats