Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Wore my ole Peters Bros. after moving the side dents more to the front and making the center crease a little more shallow. I'm guessing I will get it reblocked next year. And yes I left that dip in the rear on purpose.

100_0265-1.jpg

100_0267-1.jpg

100_0268-1.jpg

RBH

Bartender
indycop said:
Wore my ole Peters Bros. after moving the side dents more to the front and making the center crease a little more shallow. I'm guessing I will get it reblocked next year. And yes I left that dip in the rear on purpose.

100_0265-1.jpg

100_0267-1.jpg

100_0268-1.jpg
Dang John... I love the looks of that !!!!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
You did good on it.... damn thing dont need no reblock!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
Dobbs milan straw homburg today...

DSC_0721bc.jpg

Torpedo, that's a nice looking straw. I saw something like it at the Outlet but not my size. If I find one that is, I might be forced to re-think straws; at least that one.

Mr. Paladin

CRH said:
The good looks and utility of inexpensive hats are certainly not lost on me, Gentlemen!

Back in the day, that brown and bleeding water colored strip of straw would have been a walnut veneer strip.

Ididn't know that. I guess I just assumed it was always dyed straw. Interesting fact.

Mr. Paladin

Dreispitz said:
We had one degree minus, last night, and something like five degrees, this morning. The time of weavecounts ruling is gradually coming to an end, this year :(

Thats a very interesting hat/band combo. Wish you could share some of the cool weather with us here in Texas. While it hasn't been over 100*F much, it has hovered in the 90s all summer long. I'm ready for the fall (which starts here in about middle November:( ).

Mr. Paladin

indycop said:
100_0268-1.jpg

I like it IC. I don't think it needs a reblock either. It has a comfortable character just as it is.:eusa_clap

jpbales

Practically Family
Sunbody Fedora

I wore my Sunbody for some exploring around Stone Mountain

6818_1049166807773_1783816525_100380_7292658_n.jpg

6818_1049166927776_1783816525_100383_6718474_n.jpg

6818_1049167367787_1783816525_100394_4641363_n.jpg

it survived a great boating adventure better than my fiancee lol

Bassman

A-List Customer
No pics, but today was the first public wearing of a brand new, gifted, bound brim Stetson Pinnacle.
Welcome back fur felt season!:eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
Ididn't know that. I guess I just assumed it was always dyed straw. Interesting fact.

:eek:fftopic: for this thread...

Whoahhhhhhhh... I think I need to qualify this, Mr. P. I don't want to be the bearer of misinformation here on the lounge :eek:.

I learned this 'little kernel' of information while examining antique baskets at a local auction. These baskets were indeed decorated with shaved and weaved strips of walnut. One lady pointed out that 'they' (the Amish) used to weave the same strips in those hats - and she pointed her finger right at my hat. I have no idea whether this particular weaving practice was common or occasional or local or ......

So for now gentleman, let's not take, this as "Interesting fact" so much as 'antique lore' that needs more investigation.

I'll surely ask around.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
RBH said:
This afternoon I wore my vintage Borsolino.

[it was really hot enough for a straw but the Alessandria held up well!]

hpim4811.jpg

Just got back from walking my dog.I wore my most prized Borsolino,just like this one only light brown.Darned if it didn't pour down rain....I know it won't hurt it but still.....:(

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:

100_0265-1.jpg

100_0267-1.jpg

100_0268-1.jpg
John...that hat looks new...and yet I know it has been canoed in several times...along with many other adventures...:eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
Just got back from walking my dog.I wore my most prized Borsolino,just like this one only light brown.Darned if it didn't pour down rain....I know it won't hurt it but still.....:(

lol lol lol lol

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters