Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Borsalino Panama today.

404323425d3e70e439c054e89fb24b47.jpg
a7f8cd54550b87c9d751d4b048aae716.jpg
6c2efef75a91058f50e292499361b0ca.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts

That's unique in such a good way.
Thanks Greg! After getting my BSHW copied from Jared's hat I'm really liking this 1910's - 1920's Western fedora crossover style or look. And I'm really liking a brim with little to no cup at 2-3/4" wide. I have a few brims at 2-1/2" but I normally use 2-5/8" as my personal benchmark. I'm thinking of moving that out to 2-3/4" (depending on the hat, of course).

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I have a Miller Hats Homburg picked up NOS on the Bay. It is made by Biltmore and labelled for Miller. I think, but willing to be corrected, Miller does not make hats but has them labelled and they are the retail merchant. Having said that, the Miller Hommie is a decent hat and represented good value for the money I paid. Perhaps check with them to see if they will tell you the maker of the Derby. I don't wear it so if you are interested in a mid Grey Hommie in 7 3/8" drop me a note.
Thank you for the tips on this! I will definitely be giving them a call. Dang it if my head size was a bit smaller I would certainly hit you up on that Homburg.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Lot of great looking lids, everyone. I'm wearing a conversion that I almost have finished. I need a ribbon but don't have one. Whenever I can come up with a ribbon it'll be finished. This was a moth bitten and faded out 6 7/8 Tan Resistol Stagecoach that Bob Hufford gave to me. I wanted to see what I could do with it. I was able to reblock it and size it up three sizes to a 71/4. I got a nice tall straight crown out of it with a 2 5/8 brim. What was originally the sides of the hat are now the front and back to better hide some of the mothing. I put in a new sweat and the original 6 7/8 liner, not the perfect fit after the resizing, but it'll do. Aside from some mothing and fading issues this hat came out pretty decent and the mothing doesn't seem that obvious. It now has new life as a fedora and should last a good many years. I'll post more pics later in the Conversion Corral once I put a ribbon on it...

Resistol_Tan_Bark_1_A.jpg

Micke Muster soundin' like The Killer, Jerry Lee Lewis. Boogie Woogie Country Girl

Jonny Trouble Trio soundin' like Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Two

Another modern day Rock A Billy group, The Wise Guys

Yes, I have this recurring thought that if the chair is vacant I could offer to lease it from Gus. Then black people could come in and have their shoes shined by a white guy! I could do what I love (shining shoes), pontificating, AND hanging out in a hat shop. As close to heaven as I would probably ever get!

Livin' the dream, eh?

Best shoe/boot shine I ever got was from those ladies who work in the dark corners of the terminal bldg at IAH, Houston.

I've stayed at the Roosevelt in NOLA several times, and I always think of the guy at the shoeshine station in the lobby, yelling, "shine 'em up!" as I walk by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany