Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
More pics with the @Wesslyn Royal Stetson for the cooler @Bob Roberts morning. Straw in the afternoon at my niece's outdoor 94F rehearsal dinner.
20170804_222202.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
OK, but I still like the showy version with the cape. When you can wear a cape, always wear a cape!
I will definitely miss the cape. But there are two things fundamentally wrong with the old uniform: the chapeux is bollucks and the tuxedo jacket is a two-button, notch lapel. My semiformal jacket rule is one button, shawl or peak lapel. The KofC "tux" feels like a business suit with satin trim. Not my cup of tea. That being said, not sure they went the right direction with this. Makes us younger members look a bit like WWII vet imposters, but I'll make up for that by adding the necessary swagger (and tailoring).
Wow! I haven't been active in a long time with the KofC. That's the national uniform change for the Color Corps?
Yes. Looks like the 4th degree sir knights will all wear this base uniform and the color guard will add the baldric and sword. Details are being released slowly.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. Yesterday evening in the cool low 60'F weather I wore a vtg.Stetson Whippet. Lovely gray felted vintage hat in cool weather!

i-7fdJXnm-M.jpg

i-ptPb7Z9-M.jpg

i-mpDxtpd-M.jpg

This morning in the 55'F weather I have been enjoying my vtg. lightweight Playboy.

i-2gBZ2D9-M.jpg

i-JFjJLgj-M.jpg

Unique ribbon treatment and no stitches on edge makes this Playboy unique for my Playboy hat rack.

i-JbX3hQT-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. Yesterday evening in the cool low 60'F weather I wore a vtg.Stetson Whippet. Lovely gray felted vintage hat in cool weather!

i-7fdJXnm-M.jpg

i-ptPb7Z9-M.jpg

i-mpDxtpd-M.jpg

This morning in the 55'F weather I have been enjoying my vtg. lightweight Playboy.

i-2gBZ2D9-M.jpg

i-JFjJLgj-M.jpg

Unique ribbon treatment and no stitches on edge makes this Playboy unique for my Playboy hat rack.

i-JbX3hQT-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Must be chilly. I can see your wearing fur felt and a jacket.

That is one sweet Stetson. What vintage is it? Love the ribbon treatment.

A glorious cool morning here. Low to mid 50s says it's coffee in the yard with hat and jacket. Resistol Cascade
IMG_6072 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
In burgundy felt on top
IMG_6035 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6034 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Had a little more trouble picking the jacket, but decided on the lightweight Levi's reversible
IMG_6065 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a great Saturday
Michael
That burgundy tone is stunning! That hat makes a great statement for morning coffee.

View attachment 81185
O'Farrell this cool morning.
I will have to do more research on O'Farrell hats. This one is really nice.

i-7fdJXnm-M.jpg

i-JFjJLgj-M.jpg

i-JbX3hQT-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
My morning Eric treat, double whammy, both a Whippet and Playboy. Thanks for making my day. That is an interesting bow on the Playboy. Nice color too.

Yesterday evening, the Stetson St. Regis
View attachment 81194

This morning, the vintage Ramenzoni
View attachment 81195
Looking so sharp and dapper. I can't wait for my St. Regis to show up. Probably not many chances to wear it for a couple of months though.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That burgundy tone is stunning! That hat makes a great statement for morning coffee.
I will give you that it is an unusual color. The crown is fairly pliable for a western so it may show up as a fedora some day. It's moved into straw hat territory here for the rest of the day. But tomorrow we are supposed to have a high in the 60s. I'm contemplating tomorrow's hat already.

Michael

philosophy101

A-List Customer

i-7fdJXnm-M.jpg

i-ptPb7Z9-M.jpg

i-mpDxtpd-M.jpg

i-2gBZ2D9-M.jpg

i-JFjJLgj-M.jpg

i-JbX3hQT-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Two versions of perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24