Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Big fan of the Nikon line of glass and equipment. Those nicer cameras will render the color better. However, you are correct about lighting and angles, etc. Even our eyes can be fooled. That is why my wife says they make Photoshop.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
When I'm looking at hats on ebay, etc., I now always email the seller to ask the color of the hat if it's not stated in the description. I was going to bid on a hat once as I thought it was a great blue felt.... wrong, it was black. I do have a nice Disney that turned out to be surprisingly gorgeous. The pics looked like an old, tired, brown felt. Someone had already emailed the seller and he said the felt was black. I bid low, but no one bid after me so I got the hat... turned out to be a beautiful blue felt! Crazier things have happened, I'm sure.

August sun and warmth means putting this unlined Dalton into service.

01e9dca9bf2b75454dd9c2bfdfb88b56.jpg
c2e48001e97eda68a720fdd58ec9e937.jpg
5d3df4bc01914dfb46c32815ef476620.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Lovely color Jim. Classic lines on one of my favorite Daltons.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'll be laying floors all week so I doubt I'll be wearing many hats. This pic is from my grandma-in-law's 91st birthday brunch cruise in San Diego Harbor (coarse weave Bailey panama):

20776417_10100996346266249_2180670888500460212_o.jpg
Brother, that is one special photo. Everything in it in gorgeous.

That's one clean looking lid, my man! And I give the width of the ribbon a special nod.

Thank you! I love light colored hats on nice days and this is a favorite.

Man, that's a stylin' hat, Jim!

Cool and comfortable this morning, I need a jacket! The Knox Premier Strat clone is still in the mix for a couple more days. Love this hat.
View attachment 82171 View attachment 82172 View attachment 82173
I'm jealous over that Knox, Red! I need me a nice Knox, too!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I don't comment often enough, Michael, but I love your posts. You look especially cool today, brother. Love the look and the OR is a great topper! I really like that jacket, too!
Thanks Doug. I've been giving the Open Roads a rest for awhile. It's almost time to bring them back out, but the rest of this week looks like it will be hot and humid, if not actually raining. I just got that Southwick jacket yesterday. It's a bit tired, but I like the cloth.
Great hats you were wearing yesterday. Love them both. I did see the pecan as lavender on my end.

Great crease on that OR, just the way I like them. I have not been able to embrace a cattleman as of yet. Good look.
Thanks Red. I like a cattleman well enough, but not usually on the OR

That is one fine looking Dalton, Jim Great hat

Cool and comfortable this morning, I need a jacket! The Knox Premier Strat clone is still in the mix for a couple more days. Love this hat.
View attachment 82171 View attachment 82172 View attachment 82173
The Knox is a beauty Red.

Thanks all,
Michael

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Continuation of wonderful cool felt weather. The rain overnight knocked all of the forest fire smoke out of the air, smells all fresh and crisp. I just had to run an errand to Safeway just to wear another felt. Today, I dressed down to my Hat City Hat Co. grey fedora. Nice example of a low end, affordable hat of the 1950s. I still can't find any decent info on this brand. Felt is smooth and thin, but not as supple/clay like of my upper class hats. I enjoy it for what it is.

View attachment 82105 View attachment 82106 View attachment 82107
I am enjoying it too. Looks great Mike :)

KarlCrow

One Too Many
View attachment 82195
My navy Borso looks black under most lighting as well,Karl.
yeh, i've noticed that before about yours, @steur has one also, three different hats, but maybe either the same colour or even felt. Mine's 1980s through @Daniele Tanto , which isn't to say that the blue hides all the time, loves the sun.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I didn't post last night, but yesterday was a 2 hat day, both NW Hat Co lids. The first was the color changing chameleon in pecan beaver felt. Then back to church for a presentation by Lil' Fed's young women's camp group, which was real nice. I wore my Silverbelly NW Hat Co lid, another sweet topper from Mike Miller.

i-DXw2c6W-L.jpg
I think this is my personal favorite of all your hats Doug. I am with Red on this one...I love this hat!!! :)

Thanks Doug. I've been giving the Open Roads a rest for awhile. It's almost time to bring them back out, but the rest of this week looks like it will be hot and humid, if not actually raining.

That is one fine looking Dalton, Jim Great hat

Thanks all,
Michael

Thank you, gentlemen.

Wear those ORs, Michael! They're made for Texas heat.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
View attachment 82179 borsalino deep blue, black thundery clouds overhead, so it looks as black as the weather. This one tends to look black in most indoor lights too. View attachment 82175 View attachment 82177 View attachment 82178

That's very nice. After seeing yours and some of the blue hats that Michael A and alanfg have posted, I am trying to track one down now.

This thread is not good for my wallet, but good for my happiness factor (so long as I don't go broke).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael