Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Lots of distraction of late, including new arrivals!!

Yesterday, actually, before heading to the hospital to meet my new and first grandDAUGHTER... the Cavanagh Milan for such a special event!

View attachment 82291

NOT boots, @Bamaboots, but Allen Edmonds woven wingtip clodhoppers.
Congrats !! May she have a blessed life !! May you enjoy her blessing for a long time my friend !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Lots of distraction of late, including new arrivals!!

Yesterday, actually, before heading to the hospital to meet my new and first grandDAUGHTER... the Cavanagh Milan for such a special event!

View attachment 82291

NOT boots, @Bamaboots, but Allen Edmonds woven wingtip clodhoppers.

Congratulations Charlie ! Children are a gift from The LORD . Like arrows . I know you are excited . Sweet Cavanagh !

msoliday

One of the Regulars
Simple, cheap Baileys straw today.
0f34437b1d05ce39a4a3ad48949d38e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit, man! Just what I need, a B. J. Thomas ear worm. Glad he wasn't wearing a gamebird.

And the urge to ride a bicycle wearing a bowler?

Royal Stetson thin ribbon today. Getting warmer this afternoon, but I'm inside and this morning was definitely felt weather here.

I'm loving this hat; the felt, the color, the style. Aces!

i-4BFnm8w-XL.jpg

There isn't a thing about that I don't like.

Except it's not on my head.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This is the black cherry? I'm holding out until Winchester starts making this color with a more red tone. The bodies at present are more black than cherry. Maybe some batches down the road will be back to this beautiful color.

Yes Red,this is the original black cherry color.

One of my favorites, I have two hats in this felt, and I'm also sad that it isn't currently made. I actually was in Michael Gannon's line to have him make me an Open Road black cherry but he couldn't get the felt body.

Anyway, on a warm evening, I'm enjoying my VS Milan.

b0d7d2c3ef051cea9029a8477d3ddea4.jpg

Cheers! David

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I would have JUMPED at that one ! WINNER !!!
I like it more every day. I got this Stetson and a nice, but dirty, post WWII-early 50s Champ (posted on the Champ thread and the Naptha bath thread). Both are 7-3/8 Long Oval and fit like a custom. Very nice, as that's not always the case. This one had some dirt but no stains and is a real sweetheart. I might just give it a naptha bath tomorrow morning and see how much more the blue undertones might pop out. No one notices the dirt but me, though....

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Yes Red,this is the original black cherry color.

One of my favorites, I have two hats in this felt, and I'm also sad that it isn't currently made. I actually was in Michael Gannon's line to have him make me an Open Road black cherry but he couldn't get the felt body.

Anyway, on a warm evening, I'm enjoying my VS Milan.

b0d7d2c3ef051cea9029a8477d3ddea4.jpg

Cheers! David
If you still want that BC OR from Michael Gannon you might check in with him again. I see a BC "Rodolfo" for sale on his new webpage that looks like the older, darker "black" black cherry felt. I'm tempted to have a 2nd one made as I like both colors an awful lot.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
If you still want that BC OR from Michael Gannon you might check in with him again. I see a BC "Rodolfo" for sale on his new webpage that looks like the older, darker "black" black cherry felt. I'm tempted to have a 2nd one made as I like both colors an awful lot.

The one I want is the original "redder" Black Cherry, Fed. When it was first made, I'm pretty sure it was a Fawcett exclusive. It then became readily available, went away, came back and now is gone again.

I have a Bob Jesse western in the darker version, also nice, but it's the original I'm lusting after at the moment.

Cheers! David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany