Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J. Hückel´s Söhne "Elastic" probably 1930s.

36946989725_fbac24f7e0_c.jpg

36775630972_3d40b0ae58_c.jpg

36550774700_8a48c04e5e_c.jpg

36550822960_4483982223_c.jpg

36947130395_0b02cc071f_c.jpg

36947223635_01dc9459a5_c.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Went out for my bicycle ride in this Polo cap,
DSCN4277 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Herringbone wool and made in England
DSCN4276 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And what has been my go to, in not too hot of weather, many pocket vest. Let's me get out with necessities without taking my pack.
DSCN4273 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Then back home and back in the Hut Spanke,
DSCN4285 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And my Spanke-ing new 1950s/early 60s suit that I found while I was out.
DSCN4279 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
A good day overall, so far. And so many fine hats to be seen here.

Michael

It's a little over a year old, purchased through Ernie Delmonico. A bit of time & steam helped tighten the pinch and make the bash a little softer and more organic. The deep snap 2 1/2" brim makes it a great choice for dealing with the bright sunlight, particularly while driving. The only problem is it's settled in about a size too small, so I'm constantly stretching it!
Looks like it's been around for decades. Great looking hat.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I've spent most of the day doing dishes, laundry, etc. LOL, somehow I had it in my bean that MrsFed was coming home Saturday. Wrong-o. It's tomorrow. Yikes!

I only went out of the house once today in order to check the mail.

I threw on the Aristocrat for the short walk. This one has cleaned up nicely. I've never seen such an enormous quantity of black dirt come out of a hat during a naptha bath. Now I'm liking this little number.

The sweat crumbled, but the liner is nice and the felt is actually pretty decent. It's a nice brown color and the ribbon/bow is a great reddish brown that lends a nice contrast.

But the surprise for me was the union label under the sweat, next to the size label.

i-tGs5wJg-L.jpg

i-6QrVqhv-L.jpg

i-wVzd7vN-L.jpg

i-4FffQKW-M.jpg

i-wPZpVp7-M.jpg

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've spent most of the day doing dishes, laundry, etc. LOL, somehow I had it in my bean that MrsFed was coming home Saturday. Wrong-o. It's tomorrow. Yikes!

I threw on the Aristocrat for the short walk. This one has cleaned up nicely. I've never seen such an enormous quantity of black dirt come out of a hat during a naptha bath. Now I'm liking this little number.

The sweat crumbled, but the liner is nice and the felt is actually pretty decent. It's a nice brown color and the ribbon/bow is a great reddish brown that lends a nice contrast.

But the surprise for me was the union label under the sweat, next to the size label.

i-tGs5wJg-L.jpg

i-6QrVqhv-L.jpg

i-wVzd7vN-L.jpg

i-4FffQKW-M.jpg

i-wPZpVp7-M.jpg

Great color! Very cool hat, Fed

i-tGs5wJg-L.jpg

i-6QrVqhv-L.jpg

i-wVzd7vN-L.jpg

i-4FffQKW-M.jpg

i-wPZpVp7-M.jpg

How bad did the sweat crumble? Will it need to be replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff