Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great looking lids everyone. It's 48 degrees here in the Central part of Ohio. Fall is definitely making an entrance.

Wearing a very rare late '40s Imperial in Suede Finish this A.M. Very soft finish. I've only seen two more like it and no one so far has been able to find a model name for it. There's a Lounger who has one that gives a little more information on it as far as year and price. It seems to have been a $16.50 hat from 1949, pre dating the Stetson Tijuana.

This is the actual color of the hat, Greyish Blue
Imperial_Suede_Finish_2.jpg

Poor lighting doesn't give the actual color in the pictures
IMG_20171001_090730110.jpg
IMG_20171001_090906632.jpg

IMG_20171001_090749396.jpg
IMG_20171001_090823746.jpg

Unfortunately, it's a bit snug on me.

Some old Rock and Roll!

Bill Haley and His Comets

Little Richard

Buddy Holly
Wow! That is a great hat all the way around. Wow!

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Richard. Vintage OR or wingtips? The OR is probably '50s, the wingtips are made in USA Dexters. So I guess the shoes are older than 2002 or so. Probably '80s or 90s. I could be mistaken on that.

While I was out for an afternoon bicycle ride I was wearing this vintage cap.
DSCN5277 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5270 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And you may notice the shoes are different, slightly.
Allen Edmonds Macneil Wingtip Blucher Shoes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
While I was out I found these Allen Edmond Macneils, which may or may not join my shoe stable.

Thanks
Michael
Great work horse shoe. I wore mine to work today. I have them in black shell. Great color and pebble grain. My vote add them to your rotation.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Work to do and my old chainsaw which I replaced last year with an inexpensive one gave up. Just gave up! Hard learning expressed in crass words of frustration this morning. When you need a chain saw nothing else will do. Off to the hardware store this morning in an vtg. Emerson fedora.

i-9cPDNrh-M.jpg

I prefered my Stihl "vintage chainsaw" which was a bit less than 1/2 the price of a new one. Duh! IF my last Stihl is indicative this chainsaw should be my last chainsaw - lasting 25+ years.

i-jTMMbJ9-M.jpg

Hats: Lovely Emerson. The ribbon treatment is special and different. A very nice change.

Now for the fallen limbs and brush that washed up on the shore.

Eric -
Good choices, hat and chain saw

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great work horse shoe. I wore mine to work today. I have them in black shell. Great color and pebble grain. My vote add them to your rotation.
Black shell and there would be no question about the rotation. ha ha. They are a nice shoe for sure. I have a pair of vintage Royal Imperials in nearly the same color of pebble grain that may fit me a bit better. That's where the question comes in.

Thanks,
Michael

Willebe

A-List Customer
Well some of us are more wooly than others. I really need the oil, and of course the wax for the stache. I agree that sandlewood combs are great tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Agreed. I can tell a huge difference if I don't use the balm or oil for a couple of days. If I am just hanging round the house for a few days, I get lazy and just comb the beard and the hair without any product. Then I can tell a huge difference with texture, dryness, tangles, etc. The oil and the balm go a long way.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo