Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy thanksgiving to my fellow US loungers. Some great choices today. Love the pair of brown Homburgs.

Took the pooch to the dog park before I head out for dinner. Still wearing the Stetson Fortune and Glory...
IMG_20171123_155606.jpg
Now that's wearing a hat with attitude. Looks great!

Good morning. A day off has me starting early with a dog walk and raking the beach. I am taking advantage of the forecasted nearly 50'F day. Seriousely 50'F! Normaly on this weekend we have some snow on the ground. Anywhoo, wearing a Gannon (natural felt with gill ribbon).

i-GMj9Zqm-M.jpg

i-cXQxGhF-M.jpg

I have been cutting and trimming bushes in a vintage Stetson Stratoliner. This is my yard work hat and has a internal liner with the harder plastic like tip cover. The bash changes when I bump into the rose and other bushes. I like to think the hat crease takes the shape of my yard work. After working I wipe down the leather sweat and liner. After a quick treatment of the leather, the hat sits on a block. The hat has proven itself to always be ready for the next chore.

i-MXJC3S2-M.jpg

i-WZckn8g-M.jpg

Best to all this long US Thanksgiving weekend, Eric -
Both of them exceptional hats.

One of our Thanksgiving traditions is to go out to a friend's winery here in the Willamette Valley to get away from turkey leftovers. A bottle of Federweisser wine, which is a young Reisling still in the fizzy phase and a German sausage with grilled goodness. The other delicacy is Zwiebelkuchen, which is like a onion quiche. Absolutely beautiful day here, we sat outside and enjoyed the vineyard for the first time in years. Black Friday means you wear a black derby, right?

View attachment 94987
It's easy to look happy after a bottle of wine and under that hat. I'd stick to that tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran