Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I wore this brown flecked Hannah Hats cap with a black plaid shirt on Friday. As of that day, I have completed 40 revolutions around our sun. All downhill from here

6e51a6a5850a10c80ba6274f5f6d685f.jpg

Saturday my rehearsal garb included my D Bar J fedora. Seemed like an appropriate spot for the oboe chair, I think...

29faef9639d2857f663d9c762763e3ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Birthday!

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Stetson Royal Deluxe Open Road on a warm morning.
DSCN7049 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7050 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
12-4-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day all,
Michael
Great OR Michael and I love the coat

Hey folks!
"Fowl" weather today.
40's Dobbs Game Bird Guild Edge up top on a warm afternoon.

e48f035d2a37b39ef1e3d5d07c5e9f02.jpg
fbea8ad9c3a0147ea768367befb2b8ce.jpg
63e2dd712c43a6b6edb9563df079b601.jpg
c968e6b520a6b5a6b0cf4bd5394754b5.jpg

Have a ducky day!

Powered by happy thoughts
Beautiful bird John, really great proportions

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I honestly haven't read all of the comments here regarding Bob Roberts' departure, but enough to understand that there is some confusion surrounding it.
As we've said many times from behind the bar, members don't see much of the behind the scenes, discreet moderation we do to keep the place running smoothly. So when something like this happens, it's easy, from a member standpoint, to feel that something abrupt or unfair has occurred. We warn people quietly. And we warn people openly at times. But we do a lot of work you never see.
No one is ever removed from the forums without very good reason, careful attempts to avoid such action, and repeated chances (the exception is something like outright spam or something obviously outrageous).
We don't like banning members. It's always a last resort after trying everything else.
In this case:
There were repeated warnings over many months.
There was a temporary suspension tried as a way to convey our seriousness. This was related to the posting of several "F bombs." The content was removed with warning, and then we watched as it was flagrantly reposted. Suspension of account, 30 days. I personally pushed for it to be limited, or it would have been permanent at that time.
Within a few short days of reinstatement, there were new issues with bullying a new member. More warnings were given.
And then the latest content, which was removed with another warning. While I personally was trying to speak with him about this content and why it was removed, the content was re-posted. Let me repeat that this reposting occurred at the very same moment we were trying to let a warning suffice, which would have been in addition to more warnings than we've given just about anyone here, when the post was put up again.
At some point, you have to accept that a person, no matter how much you wish otherwise, isn't going to govern their actions or accept the rules of membership. I also ask you to be mindful that whole families hang out here, with children. And for every logged in member, there are another twenty lurkers reading our content at any given moment. We have a responsibility to those people to maintain the standards of safety and good conduct that have kept us alive all these years.
No bartender had it in for Bob. No bartender has it in for any member. We are a group of people who discuss all decisions. No one has enough authority here, including the Head Bartenders, to make a personal issue with a member carry any clout. If a person in difficulty has one supporter, just one, they remain in place. Bob had pretty much exhausted everyone's patience, and we had no right to continue to ask people to use their freely given time to moderate his posts.
There was more and I'm not going to go into further detail. I wish it were otherwise, we tried to make it play out otherwise, but we had no remaining choice but to show the door.
Please direct any questions to me privately. We won't discuss this in the open forums any further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy