Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Posted some poor phone pictures earlier of the new Mallory XV. Since sun...here are a couple that capture the color and details.
Sorry for the double post of this one, but it is the hat I'm wearing ALL DAY! Going to dinner with the in-laws now.
View attachment 100265 View attachment 100266
Nice Mike, if that was my hat I would probably wear it all week.

65 Classic

Practically Family
Nora-Hüte (Vienna) probably early 1950s maybe earlier and a recent arrival. Nora-Hüte was most likely a shop and there are no other company marks present.

39397414951_fe2e05d42a_c.jpg

27620214229_38a6d3a396_b.jpg

24531859387_c4563c4fbb_c.jpg
Great lines and color

I like this one too Bob. Another cool beaded hat band.

Nice looking hat band on that one, Bob.

Yup. I like that crease.

Thanks fellas! The band is a kid's vintage beaded belt.

And absolutely frigid day, literally and figuratively. -5 outside. Went to a funeral today for one of my oldest and closest friends who was taken on Christmas in a senseless act of violence.
Some things I'll never understand.

So sorry to hear this Wes. My brother-in-law and his fiancé were killed in 1999 (at age 30) by another senseless act related to a robbery and a high speed chase. Sending thoughts and prayers your way...

And absolutely frigid day, literally and figuratively. -5 outside. Went to a funeral today for one of my oldest and closest friends who was taken on Christmas in a senseless act of violence.
Some things I'll never understand. I wore a 60s Bee today.
View attachment 100259

I am sorry to hear of your loss, Wes.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Going with ye ol' c. 1900 (or thenabouts) Dunlap.

This hat reminds me why I love old derbies so much. Tight curl... high crown... neato vents... extraordinary craftsmanship...

The subtle differences in the form from company to company and year to year just thrill me. It tempts me to offer to trade all of my fedora style soft felts (but not the homburgs) for stiff felts that I really, really dig. Well... maybe not ALL of the fedoras...

May your final Saturday of 2017 be the most superspecialspectacularificacious one yet. View attachment 100164 View attachment 100165 View attachment 100166 View attachment 100167 View attachment 100168 View attachment 100169 View attachment 100170 View attachment 100171 View attachment 100172
Very cool, Matt!

Sun in Verona with low temperature nights
Panizza "Bolzano" color, never sold in Apulia
91douu.jpg

Deep grey soft fur felt with short hair finish
15pk2nl.jpg

Very traditional EU shape, with average brim and "fat" crown
20h82uf.jpg

Made probably in the sixties in Ghiffa - Lago Maggiore in the historical Panizza factory
2s1lm34.jpg

It is one of the lightest short hair hat I have in my collection
157g0nn.jpg

Have a nice Saturday and be ready for the New Year eve
Here son and daughter are preparing their party, Monica and me a fish dedicated dinner
Thanks for the appreciation on the Carlton homburg
Wonderful looking felt on that hat, Daniele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael