Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
The Cavanagh "Huggy Bear" lord's hat continues to exert it's irresistible will by forcing me to wear it again.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.
1d076883312d74ebd04c0a020fa1f81f.jpg
4c8bd43072ab977b19f5e66a157a328c.jpg
41301a917d4ba891425afbd52e48dee4.jpg
433f944a2c0f22e1c1c5dec959a261fd.jpg
8f3552e6999ddb6449e44d61c98e2007.jpg

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Tukwila

The Cavanagh "Huggy Bear" lord's hat continues to exert it's irresistible will by forcing me to wear it again.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.
1d076883312d74ebd04c0a020fa1f81f.jpg
4c8bd43072ab977b19f5e66a157a328c.jpg
41301a917d4ba891425afbd52e48dee4.jpg
433f944a2c0f22e1c1c5dec959a261fd.jpg
8f3552e6999ddb6449e44d61c98e2007.jpg
You have really made this hat your own, Matt, and it looks right at home on your noggin. @Redfokker was so generous to send this one off to you... a Cavanagh, to start with, and the felt looks yummy. Cavanagh has the most elegant liners, too. I would have sent it off to a hatter for a new ribbon and orders to make it look like a 50s Bogart fedora. But this one just fits so well as is, in your stable. Wonderful!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good white late winter morning here in Minnesota.

Dog walk in my vtg. Lee Desert Tones.

i-zSFSQmp-M.jpg

Snow blowing and shoveling snow in my warm parka and a Stormy Kromer cap. This cap is a real working wool cap at my house.

i-xkQBJVk-M.jpg

Filled bird feeders and checked on the boathouse in the hat that has involved in the western expansion in the early US - a bowler. Early 1900's Stetson bowler. Love the crown vent and tall crown. It is nice and toasty on a cold snowy morning.

i-GsJqnH4-M.jpg

i-qnPmL46-M.jpg

i-d75R2X3-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Tukwila

Good white late winter morning here in Minnesota.

Dog walk in my vtg. Lee Desert Tones.

i-zSFSQmp-M.jpg

Snow blowing and shoveling snow in my warm parka and a Stormy Kromer cap. This cap is a real working wool cap at my house.

i-xkQBJVk-M.jpg

Filled bird feeders and checked on the boathouse in the hat that has involved in the western expansion in the early US - a bowler. 1910 Stetson bowler. Love the crown vent and tall crown. It is nice and toasty on a cold snowy morning.

i-GsJqnH4-M.jpg

i-qnPmL46-M.jpg

i-d75R2X3-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Three great lids! Do you feel the cold on the top of your head with the cool vent up top on your bowler?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Three great lids! Do you feel the cold on the top of your head with the cool vent up top on your bowler?

No I don't. I deliberately stood in the wind off the lake and I did not feel any coming thru the crown. The bowler was very toasty. The hat feels light on the head. This particular bowler has a great brim to keep the winter glare out of my eyes. It gets very little head time at my house. I should remedy that, but I am more self conscious wearing a bowler than a fedora. My problem, but real.

Tukwila

No I don't. I deliberately stood in the wind off the lake and I did not feel any coming thru the crown. The bowler was very toasty. The hat feels light on the head. This particular bowler has a great brim to keep the winter glare out of my eyes. It gets very little head time at my house. I should remedy that, but I am more self conscious wearing a bowler than a fedora. My problem, but real.
I have the same problem with the bowler and derby hats. I'll probably break down and get one at some point, just to get the incredible sweats and liners I've seen on some of them.

I was asking about the cool vent specifically because I am in the queue, with several months to go, for a custom from Bob Jesse at Black Sheep Hat Works. He can do a nice cool vent as can be seen on his Facebook page. It looks very cool, but I have wondered whether it actually helps with cooling in the summer (or winter) or if it's simply more decorative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn