Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Probst

One of the Regulars
18ce79ed16cb90a5d7712ef015d8ff41.jpg

I like the wide brim and chocolate color. I have a Beaver Brand Fedora very similar to yours that I found in a second hand store for $16. It's currently at the hatter being reblocked and restored. I hope it looks have as good as this one does when it's finished.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 115374 View attachment 115377 View attachment 115376 View attachment 115375 View attachment 115364 View attachment 115365 View attachment 115364 View attachment 115365 Not a hat but a useful accessory.

I found this antique walnut hall tree at an estate sale yesterday. I originally passed it by, but my decision kept gnawing at me all last night. It has some condition issues, but what bugged me was the spacing of the pegs. As you can see, they are perfect for wide brimmed hats.

Because all of the condition problems can be repaired, I got up early this morning and drove back to the sale with the hope that it was still there. It was and better still, all remaining items were marked down 25%.

It has a nice box with a lid in the center. It’s a perfect size for keys, sunglasses and sundries.

I’m going to replace the broken mirror in the center section and find a nice ceramic art tile to replace the green and white holly tile that you see. There are two half moon shaped tin drip cups, one on either side for umbrellas that need new bottoms, but other than a little bit of glue and a couple screws, I think it looks good.

The best part is the spacing of the pegs. They’re perfect for my every day hats. My other hall tree is a single post with hooks positioned near the top. It’s a nose tree but the hooks were too closely spaced together. It got very crowded and cause my brims to curl back to accommodate one another. This tree solves that problem and protects my brims. The old tree will be redeployed to coat duty.

I’m very happy. I think it’s a keeper.
It is very good looking hall tree. They do not make them like the used to. I took me 2 years to find the right one for my house. Congratulations and enjoy!

Will70

New in Town
Worked on the brim edge a little more with vinegar and dish soap. Got a lot of the stains out of the edge. Probably could work on it a little more.

First pic is yesterday. Second pic is today after more work on the edge
40a716d7fcfd84e3ef292f1590daf522.jpg
47b5977dbbe6cc825db20aac5a766550.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Richard Morgan

One Too Many

Richard Morgan

One Too Many

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Imho, this is one of those that looks best on you.
Thanks Scotty. I"m tending to agree with you. After moving out to OR and western brim dimensions I'm kind of falling back to the 2 1/4-3/8" brim.

Oh, yeah, that’s my type of hat wearer!

Much in opposition to how I was raised, I sit around the house wearing a hat all the time...
Gotta wear a hat around the house. Most of the time anyway. And since I live alone, who's to complain. Also, most of my outings in the summer involve bicycle travel and I'm limited to either caps or a small subset of my collection for those trips. So I either wear them around the house and yard, or not at all. And we can't have that latter.

Thanks all,
Michael

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Love the green sportcoat and hat and tie and sweater. The whole getup looks great.
Thanks D. The jacket is loden and is from Lands' End Charter Collection, which apparently only existed from 1983 til 1986. The sweater is the cardigan half of a set I picked up that included a sweater vest of the same yarn and design. I think they are from the early '70s. The tie is an Amana Woolen Mills that I just found today. I was happy with the look, including the Loden green Panizza. And it all worked together very well out on the bicycle.

Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran