Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msoliday

One of the Regulars
A stingy!!! Dobbs VVL with a 1-3/4 brim. Shortest brim I own. It really is a super light weight felt (doesn't VVL mean "very very light" or something similar?) so it's perfect for wearing in warm weather like we are finally experiencing here in WI. Has a nice purplish hue to it, too. Enjoy.

- Mike

a.jpg
a2.jpg
b.jpg

A stingy!!! Dobbs VVL with a 1-3/4 brim. Shortest brim I own. It really is a super light weight felt (doesn't VVL mean "very very light" or something similar?) so it's perfect for wearing in warm weather like we are finally experiencing here in WI. Has a nice purplish hue to it, too. Enjoy.

- Mike

View attachment 116694 View attachment 116695 View attachment 116696

I love all the subtle shade variations of vintage felt. There seems to be an endless variety of colors and textures.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Yep... great color. Looks great with the grooy jacket, too.

I woke up and thought about playing hooky, too. I wimped out.
Thanks Matt. I see you are up to two hats now with the nice Lee this afternoon. I'm up to two as well, plus a cap.

Polo herringbone cap for biking today.
DSCN0644 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0645 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And then while I was out I found this panama at my favorite vintage store.
DSCN0658 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0656 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
2 3/4" brim, around 4 1/4" crown as pinched. I'd seen it there before, but today I decided it fit well enough to try
DSCN0662 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
You can see the original price of $5.00 written in pencil above the sweat.
DSCN0661 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good afternoon,
Michael

Thanks Matt. I see you are up to two hats now with the nice Lee this afternoon. I'm up to two as well, plus a cap.

Polo herringbone cap for biking today.
DSCN0644 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0645 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And then while I was out I found this panama at my favorite vintage store.
DSCN0658 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0656 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
2 3/4" brim, around 4 1/4" crown as pinched. I'd seen it there before, but today I decided it fit well enough to try
DSCN0662 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
You can see the original price of $5.00 written in pencil above the sweat.
DSCN0661 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good afternoon,
Michael

That Panama is wonderful. I like the more open weaves that allow ventilation. Great find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike!
I haven't looked too deep into dating the jacket. The instruction tag that tells how to use the hood makes me think wartime issue as that would be faster than training the soldier how to wear his gear during an abbreviated basic training period, but that's purely assumption, speculation and guesswork not based in real fact.
You have to draw pictures for the grunts...from an Air Force perspective anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner