Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I looked up the matchsticks. Why matchsticks? I found this site interesting:

https://www.hornskovkobenhavn.com/blogs/journal/why-the-matchsticks

You seasoned veterans probably already knew it, but I'm a newbie.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

His hats aren’t really popular here, but I’m sure some members dig his stuff. To each their own, but I dislike the artificial distressing.

The matchsticks....how ridiculous. When he sent out the cease and desist letters we all got a good laugh.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
My compadres and I wear matching Airflo Tilleys for golf, and discovered a pouch on the inside top of the crown. One of them is single, and suggested keeping hidden prophylactics inside. Maybe Nick Fouquet could trademark those as well.

BTW, I wonder if that is his real name. Nicolas Fouquet, marquis de Belle-Île, vicomte de Melun et Vaux was the Superintendent of Finances in France from 1653 until 1661 under King Louis XIV.
He figures prominently in Alexandre Dumas' novel "The Viscount of Bragelonne," which I've read several times, so the first time I saw Nick the Dick's name it sounded familiar.

Coincidence?

Thank you! The thread is very interesting. I already disliked "Nick the Dick" as a "farsante" (someone who is a farce,) but now I loathe the guy.

I’m not a fan of his work or his antics, but I don’t know him as a person. I will caution you on language...the Lounge has strict rules about keeping it family friendly. What doesn’t raise an eyebrow elsewhere will get you booted here. Just be careful.

Cheers, Brent

Goldfinger used Slazenger 1s. With that hat, you should carry a PPK.

Out and about in a Portis thin ribbon today.

30e1ef1987833e206828f346a74fc010.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
I had a PPK years ago, sweet gun. Fantastic Portis, does it have the "manly-man" liner with the little pictures of manly-man activities?
7May17 Portis New Slant Liner detail.jpg

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Quick bunch of errands before my nap. I need a nap. I deserve a nap. I really need a nap... Older, probably early 1960s Dobbs Milan. This one is sooo smooth and flexible. Other than the color, a duplicate of James Bond's golf hat in Goldfinger (1964). I'm not as cool as Sean though.

View attachment 118527 View attachment 118528 View attachment 118529
Very nice Milan. I just ordered a grey Milan from Esther. Going for something similar to yours and the one worn by that somewhat familiar looking fellow on the golf course.

Btw, an Aston Martin db5 would go nicely with that hat [emoji16]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

I had a PPK years ago, sweet gun. Fantastic Portis, does it have the "manly-man" liner with the little pictures of manly-man activities?
View attachment 118669

Unfortunately, no.

Very nice Milan. I just ordered a grey Milan from Esther. Going for something similar to yours and the one worn by that somewhat familiar looking fellow on the golf course.

Btw, an Aston Martin db5 would go nicely with that hat [emoji16]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Or better yet, Honor Blackman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner