Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Stetson Medalist Panama
0194028b1ede43d8411496d0c6beeb97.jpg
f841518d2548a8577103e3fed9d50189.jpg
dbf34fd15d37baf17411fe7875fecadf.jpg

Y’all have a wonderful Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
It is my greatest fear. Probably won't venture out on deck without hat in hand...

I know some folks aren't big on them, but if I was in your situation, the hat I would take, and wear on deck, would be one of my Fed IVs. The sweat shrunk down to give me a perfect custom-like fit, and it has never blown off my head. The brim, as well, loosened up over time, and just gives way in a strong wind. Combine that with the perfectly fitting sweat and I'd have no worries.

Another advantage? If it somehow did end up in the ocean, it is completely replaceable, and for not a lot of money by fur felt hat standards. Yes, I'd have to break it in again, but that's part of the fun! :)

Vintage hats are great, but there are certain places I just wouldn't risk wearing one.

Do you have a lower expense modern hat for the deck?

I like the Dattero. And that isn't the cat-afflicted Panama, is it? I can't see the damage on it.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Thanks, Max. The Dattero is a lovely lightweight hat, great for the kind of weather we;'ve been having. The panama is a different one; the cat would risk all of its nine lives at once if it touched this one.

After some trials and tribulations, I finally came up with a suite of hats for the Alaskan Cruise. For the formal nights, I decided on the Borsalino Bismuto Lobbia c.1955, figured it would make a statement with a navy suit. I added a new Mercedes Benz 500K Award pin for good measure.
For the days not quite warm enough (probably will be a few) I chose the Hückel Special in blue/gray. This one will work for lounging around the ship as well. We will be taking a rail excursion on the White Pass & Yukon out of Skagway, so I thought an old timey 1920s Derby would be fun. And for the sunny fun days, the NW Hats Lt. Blue Duplex. I also tossed in a modern stetson Ivy cap. I think internet will be an issue, hopefully I can get some cell signal in ports to post on tapatalk. Otherwise, I'll see everyone after the week abroad.
View attachment 122681 View attachment 122682 View attachment 122683 View attachment 122684
I'm 100% convinced you'll be the best hatted man aboard, Mike. And probably in the state for that matter. Enjoy your trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails