Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAR Thursday!

0dd6eaaeca757d0005923afe8ce0f6c3.jpg
50b8f5c7dd8e982ff70f31a0a66f1bdc.jpg
fcf3f6a082239a9de1cf78e300b171e1.jpg

This Dalton is one of my oldest hats. These things are nigh impossible to date, but I have a completely speculative theory about the liner tip logos. The ones with "World's Finest," like this one and the blue Waverly, are pre WWII. They changed to "America's Finest" during the war, to capture the patriotic sentiment. It doesn't seem they were sold much, if at all, outside the States, though Steve (@mayserwegener) found a liner tip dye block in a European purchase of those things a couple years ago. We know the rights to the name were sold in 1953, and few later examples of this brand have been seen beyond that era (a few stingy late 50s-early 60s hats that don't appear to be from the original factory).

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Good looking hat, Jim. Interesting brand and theory too. Never have seen one of these over here, either in the felt or in advertising, so not a brand that was imported on any scale to speak of. I think the only American brand that was imported pre-war in some measure was Stetson. Post-war they were made in Europe under license, like Dobbs, which is the only other American brand you can find more regularly. Resistol and Penn-Craftwere made under license too, but are much more rare.

Hello to everyone, as you know or you know now summer is not the best season to wear hats :(
2lk4thx.jpg

Panama Hats Direct patron with the middle line on the crown.
2rghpgn.jpg

A very interesting panama for my taste and for my will not to spend a lot of money for a straw hat ;)
2d2iryb.jpg

Summer is still fresh here, so I can stand it, but some heat is coming from North Africa and the weekend will be "boiled"
ej5u04.jpg

Have a nice day and I really can't mention every good hat I saw in the last week, so compliments to everyone!
Sure looks good to me, Daniele. Tasteful hat as always.

As others are writing, the summer heat has arrived. Temps in the mid 90s today. Perfect weather for an unlined hat, no?

ab9b92d917647df3d8d35200ee0afb73.jpg
80a5dbe52f8458ff877a6b52c100b1b4.jpg
a91a5181048b6eadc716fa4550d3268f.jpg
05e51020f304d93c6bec531d4bea9e73.jpg
adf814e4c33b7321ed782a51fca2c4aa.jpg

This hat, assumed to be pre-WWII, is a very light, thin, but dense felt. Easily shaped, it is one of my lightest summer hats. I forget exactly, but something like 2.5 oz.

Friday has arrived. Celebrate accordingly!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
That is soooooo cool. I love these lightweight felts.

Thanks sir. I do like the bold blue hued straw hat of late.

Trying to get errands completed in the "cool" of the 82'f morning. I have been sport'n an "Imported Visca Tropicool" hat for a trip to the grocery and liquor store. After the trip I am almost ready for some planned time to watch FIFA World Cup this weekend. I have friends coming over to watch France vs. Argentina in the morning. I am speaking for the gang of us when I say we do not have a passionate fav but rather it is an excuse to visit and cheer for our favorite team sports game. I have planned for some French wine, French bread and lots of topas/cheese to choose from. Additionally I have acquired 3 French and 3 Spanish dictionaries so we can immerse ourselves in the language of the participating countries.

i-XmrjT3f-M.jpg

i-H7mpBGh-M.jpg

i-MThHCcm-M.jpg

Gagner la France and Ganar Argentina. Mwilleure Voeux, Beunos Dias, Eric -
Great hat, Eric. And a great plan to go with it!

View attachment 124760 View attachment 124761 View attachment 124762 View attachment 124763 Greetings All:
It’s time for some Borsalinos!!
It occured to me i tend to post Stetsons of whatever flavor. I love Stetsons without question.
But i “really” love my Borsas!! and they have their own little area of the place where i can see them always!
So today it’s my “mocha java” that likes a center sorta dent. I believe this one is the first i went “all in” and had to beg for.
Then it all started! Ha
2 5/8” raw edge brim, 1” ribbon, light as a feather, a joy to play with.
Be well. Bowen
The moment that first pictures came up when scrolling I thought: "hey, a borsalino". I still wonder what it is about borsalinos that is so instantly recognizable. Gorgeous hat, Bowen and in my size too; makes me all greedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo