Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Pilgrim Panama was the choice tonight for work.

EC9DD3A1-EDA4-4AFE-8A0A-7C8AA8ECF6C0.jpeg

Again, morning errands in felt; straw for later. I went with @Michael A and wore my recently steamed Silverbelly Royal Stetson OR.

i-9XqBbFw-M.jpg
i-XgkT6HQ-M.jpg

i-FJM78Wx-M.jpg
i-XQkcgKv-M.jpg

Gorgeous Doug! Great looking crease.

I’m wearing my new Stetson Inwood Hemp straw for my office paperwork day.

ff3940610645e671e768d7f0d3db63f1.jpg
Nice straw, I'm not familiar with the "Inwood", would love to see some other angles. Where did you get it?

Started this morning out with a black felt which soon started to get too warm.
We got a heat warning going on here so don’t even know why I went for a felt...
Later went on to a Palermo straw hat that really helped to keep my head cool in the heat.

359584c64dd628e0f97df3b1601ef681.jpg
695230da9811b5ea8aac9626b15a7da7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Two great hats my young friend. Love that Panama.

I especially love the Rockel! Wow! I recently acquired something similar. Waiting for it to arrive.
Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Thanks, it is a little more stingy even by my standards. But the details! I love the ribbon and brim stitching, it will be seeing a lot of head time this fall/winter.

Stetson plaited straw "leghorn" from the factory store, c.1940

072518_2.jpg

072518_3.jpg

072518_4.jpg
Good to see you Alan. What a beautiful Stetson, such an interesting story this one tells. I wonder why it was "rejected"? (saw the inside of the sweat on Facebook)

"1930s Crofut and Knapp “Eiderdown” made for the George Eakle store in Philadelphia from the wonderful stock of David P. Lochner a @briarvintage"-Anthony @moontheloon

Wonderfully soft felt.

02bf9d5059f0bc07f456b98d3738bfd7.jpg
5d7d59ad40d9af8eada188c07963c1a9.jpg
a9deb5ad2b4bacd52478f2591858e87a.jpg
d146cef18244e0853a9be222d8498e1c.jpg

Another museum piece Max. The manufacture tags on this one are really fun!

Vintage Pilgrim Panama was the choice tonight for work.

View attachment 128360
Beautiful Bill, beautiful.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
My new custom from Mike Miller at NW Hats. A Whippet clone in granite with a wine color ribbon treatment. A full 6" crown and a 2 5/8" brim. This granite felt is a real chameleon color, it can range from a greenish hue to a dark rich gray. Now for some felt weather! More in the NW Hats thread, with another couple I picked up.

View attachment 128363 View attachment 128364
Tall crowns suit you, Red.

Tukwila

My new custom from Mike Miller at NW Hats. A Whippet clone in granite with a wine color ribbon treatment. A full 6" crown and a 2 5/8" brim. This granite felt is a real chameleon color, it can range from a greenish hue to a dark rich gray. Now for some felt weather! More in the NW Hats thread, with another couple I picked up.

Smashing, Mike!

Desert dog

That one's a real show stopper! The gray and wine color look exceptional!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many

Now that's a good looking hat, Mike!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

DOGMAN

One Too Many

Very nice.

That one is amazing Mike!

Richard Morgan

One Too Many

Very nice Mike, really good color choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That is soooooo cool.....I would have bought that hat for that feature alone!
M
It is different for a store logo for sure.

Love the OR Michael. Great pictures this morning.
Thanks Red.

View attachment 128292

View attachment 128293 View attachment 128294 View attachment 128295 View attachment 128296

Off for a trip south to NW Hats. I always take my recent arrivals for a show and tell session. Today, the European Velour Stingy contingent...Mayser, Rockel and Wilke. My Hückel homburg from the 1960s and the 1930s British Bowler made by Royal.
Nice bunch of hats, Red. I really like that bluish one.

Again, morning errands in felt; straw for later. I went with @Michael A and wore my recently steamed Silverbelly Royal Stetson OR.

i-9XqBbFw-M.jpg
i-XgkT6HQ-M.jpg

i-FJM78Wx-M.jpg
i-XQkcgKv-M.jpg

i-cJvJsKh-M.jpg
i-75tXtzX-M.jpg

Can't go wrong with an OR.

That is a beauty, Red. Love that color combo. I was just playing with a piece of ribbon very close to that same color and thinking it would be super. Now I see it is.

Thanks all,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk