Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks. I’m a bass player and was given the nickname “Thunder Fingers” from my band mates. It’s the nickname of the late great John Entwhistle from The Who. He was also went by “The Ox”. I’ll take Thunder Fingers. :)

Here’s another Brass Rooster custom I wear at gigs. Note the bass strings around the band!

8312a476d7ea0693a2063f38550c457d.jpg
View attachment 135767
15bb48891a9a994a13b2ab2d0ea87c59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, your next custom could have The Ox printed on the sweat and the felt could be in beaver Oxblood felt! Sweet customs, man!

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you. I knew that indeed.
Many of you may not know I have worked in the jewelry and diamond trade for quite some time.
The ring is a very symbolic thing in its entirety. But I’m not gonna bore y’all with that.

Now. Hats!

e6b48bfc6b5789a42b87908ae7aa0422.jpg
I think I'm safe in saying, we'd like to hear the details! Congratulations, Esther!

Lifted this from our fellow Face Book hat denizens. Thought it needed to be seen here, for those not FB enabled.

View attachment 135750
Balderdash and twaddle, sez I. Daily "too hot for felt" temperatures for at least the next two weeks overrule some arbitrary date established by self-appointed experts for no purpose other than to sell more fur felt hats in preparation for the coming autumn/winter weather. :mad:

That being said, lately it's been getting cool enough in the late afternoon/early evening hours for me to wear felt during our evening constitutionals with our dog, so I predict more than a few "two hat" days in my near future. :cool:

I heard that it's also Batman Day.
Does that mean he has to switch to a fur felt cowl?

Batman day?
It's a bit of a confusing mess, and the date seems to change from year to year. No one really knows how it started, but it's intended to celebrate the first appearance of Batman in Detective Comics #27 which was released in March of 1939.

Beautiful day for a fly-in. Breaking all the Felt Hat Day rules in my PB Milan I talked Ant out of at the Waco airfield in Troy.

4cceae79d3a61fb72f007029d3dabbd5.jpg

I need to go through and organize my pics, and I'll post some Waco shots soon.
Sent directly from my mind to yours.
You are excused the straw faux pas if you provide some sweet airplane pics. Good looking hat on the airfield.

Thank you. I knew that indeed.
Many of you may not know I have worked in the jewelry and diamond trade for quite some time.
The ring is a very symbolic thing in its entirety. But I’m not gonna bore y’all with that.
Now. Hats!

e6b48bfc6b5789a42b87908ae7aa0422.jpg
Was the ring made over in Belgium to your design? Or did Harv have it made here? Sure is a beautiful design. And, it is wonderful to see you gracing us with beautiful hats again.

Thanks. I’m a bass player and was given the nickname “Thunder Fingers” from my band mates. It’s the nickname of the late great John Entwhistle from The Who. He was also went by “The Ox”. I’ll take Thunder Fingers. :)

Here’s another Brass Rooster custom I wear at gigs. Note the bass strings around the band!

8312a476d7ea0693a2063f38550c457d.jpg
View attachment 135767
15bb48891a9a994a13b2ab2d0ea87c59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess better Thunder Fingers than Thunder Thighs;):D Super cool!

In the 80's today, gonna squeeze another day out of the Santa Fe Montichristi. Off to a new Tex-Mex place for fajitas and margaritas. ;)

View attachment 135774 View attachment 135775
Fantastic Monti, looking great for a night on the town.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Does that mean he has to switch to a fur felt cowl?

It's a bit of a confusing mess, and the date seems to change from year to year. No one really knows how it started, but it's intended to celebrate the first appearance of Batman in Detective Comics #27 which was released in March of 1939.
Ah! Thank you, Z.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

UNICORN HAT ALERT!!!

I’m glad i got out of bed just seeing this hat!!
I’ve been waiting, oh so long, for someone to come up with another Berteil and i’m thrilled it’s you Stefan!!
Now, all we need is to find out all the history we can about Berteil (which is nil) because Mr. Borsalino learned his trade there as a youngster, and we all know how that turned out!!
Stellar hat, man, stellar!!
B
Thanks, Bowen. I have Daniele to thank for pointing this one out to me and after that it was a no-brainer. There is precious little on the brand to be found. I was surpised to find that Berteil doesn't even have a Wikipedia entry in France! Very unlike the French.

The Stetson Moose River beater oversees the smoking of the bratwurst (and some pathetic looking russet potatoes). Fall is certainly here today. Got some Krisp Kraut sauerkraut on the stove, simmering in some Cluasthaler dry hopped German bier (the only NA bier I've ever had that actually tastes like real beer; even better, a nice Oktoberfest bier).

i-QTMQP6w-L.jpg
Looks like you're all set!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy