Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
fluteplayer07 said:
Gene, nice! I haven't looked here in a few days, and I missed this one. Any specific method you used to shape that brim? I have a Supernatural optimo that's pining for that appearance... ;)

Thanks!

I had to go back a few pages to see your question. Sorry for the delay.

I misted the brim (both sides) with water from a spray bottle and kind of massaged it into the straw to get it flexible. Then, I coaxed the shape into it (more curl up on sides, more drop at rear) while using a hair dryer (not too close or too hot) to assist the drying process. Then I hung it so it was suspended without the brim touching anything and let it set overnight. It stiffened back up and held the position I gave it. :)

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Stetsonn XXX and black eye

Stetson xxx OR, today. Note the black eye, I got on Sunday acting as a second at a regional finger wrestling contest. Hm, Bavarian sports :D

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Josh, sorry I'm slow. I was surprised when I measured the bindings on both to find that you are correct. Both are 3/8 inch, though the Whippet's looks wider unless side by side.

Thanks for the info Mr. Paladin. Again, great looking hat!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
My Portis Lite-Wate (spelled just like that on the liner) for church this morning. Dark blue ribbon/bow.

PortisL-W002.jpg

PortisL-W003.jpg

WOW Mr. Paladin, great looking Portis!!! Is that binding 3/8 inch also? I cant decide which hat I like the beter, the Adam Executive or the Portis Lite-Wate. Both are my kind of style. I really have to find one that resembles those both.

Dreispitz said:
Stetson xxx OR, today. Note the black eye, I got on Sunday acting as a second at a regional finger wrestling contest. Hm, Bavarian sports :D

Beautiful OR Dreispitz. What color is that? It looks much like one I got a few weeks ago, It's kind of a very light taupe/ putty color, I posted in the Open Road Guild.

Goes well with the eye, too.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Vintage Inspired, No. Practical, Yes.

Not doing much of anything today, just mucking about outside. What with it being summer in Florida and all, I need to break my sun hats out more often than I do.

IMG_5563.jpg

Feeling every bit as much of a lake/beach bum as I look here. This particular hat, I picked up at Ron Jon Surf Shop of all places.

Randy

theinterchange said:
Not doing much of anything today, just mucking about outside. What with it being summer in Florida and all, I need to break my sun hats out more often than I do.

IMG_5563.jpg

Feeling every bit as much of a lake/beach bum as I look here. This particular hat, I picked up at Ron Jon Surf Shop of all places.

Randy

Dude! Take that hat and go hang ten:)

Well, even though I'm a native Floridian, I only surfed once or twice when I was younger, then took it up again in my mid-40's. I'm not great at it, but it's a blast. Now that I live in Ohio, I can only go 3-4 times a year when I visit the coast. While you're young and living in Fla, try it!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
theinterchange said:
It had a wind trolley?

Randy

From what I understand, different sellers have different versions of the Fedora/Sydney. DavidMorgan's offering comes in different colors than HatsDirect's offering, and doesn't come with a wind trolley, whereas the HatsDirect version does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran