Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. I find the old stuff in the thrfit stores now and then. It's really nice, and usually still holding up well after 25+ years.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MyEntireCollection5.jpg

Neophyte

Thanks, it's fairly accurate to the actual color. Took about 50 shots before I found some that didn't make it look grey lol.

I really do love the color green :D.

Representing an acurate color is a tough thing to do. The lighting makes a difference. Open shade is too blue, incandescent is too warm and the hat color sometimes responds to the surrounding colors. They used to say the the car color is best photographed on cloudy days.[huh]

Neophyte

John in Covina said:
Representing an acurate color is a tough thing to do. The lighting makes a difference. Open shade is too blue, incandescent is too warm and the hat color sometimes responds to the surrounding colors. They used to say the the car color is best photographed on cloudy days.[huh]

Well, it was supposed to be cloudy and raining today, which were the conditions I was hoping for to capture the green, but as fortune would have it, it's quite warm and sunny [huh]

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Thanks. :)
The jacket is vintage Banana Republic, from the safari style days.

Ah, I see. Thanks Lefty! Yeah, Banana Republic has some nice clothes now but it just doesn't compare to the old days of the safari stuff. They had a very unique look back then and I used to love the catalogs.

Marco: Well done, looks like it's still in pretty good shape too. :eusa_clap

Neophyte: Is that your new one? Dig on the green, very nice. :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Neophyte

DanielJones said:
Neophyte: Is that your new one? Dig on the green, very nice. :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks Dan. It is indeed the new hat!

marcoshark said:
At Worth and Worth, when they had their Madison Ave. shop.

I really like that hat, marco. Worth & Worth is one of the brands of hats I hope to own one day. There current Trilby (wide ribbon and thin ribbon versions) is calling to me.

babs

A-List Customer
61329_1628778038893_1219833759_1761393_2089668_n.jpg

61977_1628778198897_1219833759_1761394_8300247_n.jpg

Don't know if the pic will work for all.. FINALLY snapped a pic of the campdraft. Finally found a nice rainy day to get 'r out in the weather. Got a prototype diamond bash going now after it got good and soaked. Excuse my ugly mug.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Neophyte said:
Thanks Dan. It is indeed the new hat!

I really like that hat, marco. Worth & Worth is one of the brands of hats I hope to own one day. There current Trilby (wide ribbon and thin ribbon versions) is calling to me.

Last night W&W had a super cool hat/fashion night party for the release of their fall collection. I was lucky to be invited and saw unbelievable hats!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi Neophyte,

Congrats for the new acquisition! I would suggest tweaking a little more with the crease; deepening a bit the frontal dip, specially. It may be the pic's angle, but the crown looks too tall on you; if you deepen the dent, the frontal "vee", I think it will look better. Thin ribbons do visually add to the crown actual height.

My two cents, anyway.

Regards!

Neophyte

DanielJones said:
Yeah, that is a really nice shade of green. Well done! :eusa_clap Forgive the ignorance, but where did you find that one again?

Cheers!

Dan

Hey, ignorance is easily forgiven. Nowadays you gotta join a forum like the Lounge to get any solid info lol.

At any rate, I purchased this one at EverythingAustralian.com.au. Apparently it was a discontinued color, but enough people petitioned that Sam got some more. He still has them, although they are sold out in a couple of sizes. He told me recently that he's going to get some more, so if you happen to be 60 or 62, you'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Unfortunately, Bluegrass Green is the ONLY color of the Camp Draft Sam is carrying right now. For the other three you gotta wait 3 months [huh].

Good luck to you, sir!

Neophyte

babs said:
Awesome color! I'll have to get some daylight shots (dry) of my brown CD for comparison. Man I really gotta get that SLR I've been wanting. Point-n-click just doesn't do colors justice.

Thanks :D! I assume the SLR is some type of camera? or an AK variant produced by Arsenal? lol Or is it short for SilverBelly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran