Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r00tuk

New in Town
Summer, but I could not resist.

5980961485_671dc83e27_z.jpg

Alan: As much as I love Zeiss refractors...I use one( a pair, actually) nearly every day at work...I think your elan in that linen jacket and boater is the draw.

thanks for the thumbs up on my summer boater outfit. But I do think it's the sharp views through that Zeiss that rocks the crowd.

bobm

A-List Customer
thanks for the thumbs up on my summer boater outfit. But I do think it's the sharp views through that Zeiss that rocks the crowd.

Well, maybe it's both, but that boater just completes the look. I like the color as well as that black band. May I ask which brand is it?

Bob

T Rick

Practically Family
I've got six of them!

I also took that ribbonless Stratoliner yesterday for $56, too.
Well, you got a deal! Sorry about the $12.50 I cost you (I was second highest bidder), but I suspect your max was a good deal more yet. Nice grab, glad it went to a Lounger. Looking forward to seeing it properly brought back to it's glory!

Last edited:

bobm

A-List Customer

Well, maybe it's both, but that boater just completes the look. I like the color as well as that black band. May I ask which brand is it?

Bob

HatsEnough

Banned
That is an awesome picture, hato! Who is that, what's it from?

Don't know what movie it is from, but that is the famous John Carradine! Father of David (from the TV show Kung Fu, now deceased), Keith (who played Wild Bill Hickock in the first season of Deadwood), and Robert (Revenge of the Nerds).

John was usually a heavy in films and was in a ton of some of the most famous flicks of the 30s, 40s, and 50s.

HatsEnough

Banned
Well, you got a deal! Sorry about the $12.50 I cost you (I was second highest bidder), but I suspect your max was a good deal more yet. Nice grab, glad it went to a Lounger. Looking forward to seeing it properly brought back to it's glory!

I have to her down to the hatter and have a 3/8 inch ribbon put back on. Then I have an extra Strato pin laying around that I'll throw on it. And it will be ready for pics.

But don't worry about the price. It was still cheap even with your $12.50 added in there! LOL

Don't know what movie it is from, but that is the famous John Carradine! Father of David (from the TV show Kung Fu, now deceased), Keith (who played Wild Bill Hickock in the first season of Deadwood), and Robert (Revenge of the Nerds).

John was usually a heavy in films and was in a ton of some of the most famous flicks of the 30s, 40s, and 50s.

All 3 sons played the Younger Brothers in The Long Riders. 4 sets of brothers played 4 sets of brother = James(Keach), Younger(Carradine), Miller(Quaid) & Ford(Guest).
John Carradine played lots of roles as an undertaker as well.

That is an awesome picture, hato! Who is that, what's it from?

Refer to HE and Tom's posts. I also do not know what movie it's from, found it by googling John Carradine.
Danofarlington started all this, then Alan threw in a picture of him and it went from there.

BTW- if you like Westerns, you would love The Long Riders Tom mentioned in his post, where 4 sets of brothers portrayed the James-Younger gang.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran