Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great to see you around here, Lark. Nice catch with that sports jacket; the combination looks great!

Bowlerman, Monbla, Dano, Jed, and DJH: thank you all :D.

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
web.jpg

TCMfan25

Practically Family

Driving down a lonely little dirt road.

The Amanita mushrooms were everywhere. Also known as the fly Agaric, they are considered toxic and psychoactive.

It was very interesting to see the mushrooms in different stages of development.

Amanita with cap fully opened. The mushrooms sprouted, grew rapidly and withered during our time on the North Shore.

Solitude at this remote lake in the Boundary Waters, with only the sound of the wind whistling through the trees and the lapping of the waves to break the silence.

Relaxing in Grand Marais with the World's Best Donuts.

I, for one, did not question the sign.

Cook County is as sparsely populated and wild today as it was decades ago, largely untouched by development.

Thomsonite Beach Inn, another of our favorite stops. Lydia has bought Thomsonite jewelry here for as long as I can remember.

A spectacular, natural Thomsonite specimen in its basalt matrix as collected from Lake Superior by Ryan. Thomsonite formed from the percolation of minerals into trapped gas pockets within the basaltic lava flows of the 1.2 billion-year-old, Keweenawan Rift.

You would most certainly question the sign if you tried the apple cider donuts at the flea market in Berlin, NJ.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
We photographed the baptism of a friend's son today.

Way warm for a felt hat, but my Tom-n-Perres Panama was just the jobbie!

smugshot3499665-L.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
We're not Romanian, but anyone selling baklava or similar honey and nut pastries at their church festival is OK by me.

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0151-4.jpg

My niece is far better at darts than I'll ever be.

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0243-2.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0122-1.jpg

DSC_0189-1.jpg

DSC_0197-1.jpg

Later, we went for pizza. The kids all stand on chairs and watch the pizzas being twirled. Every now and then, without warning, the cooks will throw flour against the window, and the kids will nearly fall off the chairs.
DSC_0251-3.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Great lookin' Panama David!

For me, I've had this hat for nearly a month, but hadn't gotten around to giving it the little attention it needed. Today, a little steam and a good brushing, I tweaked the bash to about where I wanted it. Been wearing it all day since. Stetson Playboy. Very cool, lightweight unlined felt.

standard.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Cheers, T Rick! Like you photo with my photo in the background.

Your Playboy looks a lot like mine. It has become one of my favorites, I really like the lightweight felt and the styling is just really nice.

Now you've got it going, I bet you enjoy yours as well!

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0251-3.jpg

Great stuff, Lefty. Good pizza is about my favorite thing in the world. Summer fairs are a worm hole to another time. I think we will hit the Erie County fair on its last day tomorrow.

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
I'll double-post a couple places here in the forum. After a day of teaching my wife on the shooting range, we changed clothes behind a skeet shot shed and went downtown to a fine restaurant. Only in Alaska. Quite the date night.

I decided to go just a bit more flamboyant with the accessory colors. Given all the rain we're having, and impending fall, I also wanted to take advantage of a final opportunity to wear the Panama this season. (until a planned southern vacation this winter) My BBB Montechristi. Got several compliments on it tonight. :) Dang, I like this hat.

IMG_1944.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24