Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Al--
That must have been thrilling! The MO has really improved by leaps and bounds the past few years (not that they were too shabby to start with!). Playing the violin IS one of your other hats, so no worries about the "hatless" photo.
A TFL jam would be great fun. What kinds of inspiring grooves could arise from so many different influences. I'd bring my oboe, but probably could fill my minivan with my other instruments around the house... ;)

I got several compliments today wearing the loden green western hat I bought from Alan this summer.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al--
That must have been thrilling! The MO has really improved by leaps and bounds the past few years (not that they were too shabby to start with!). Playing the violin IS one of your other hats, so no worries about the "hatless" photo.

I got several compliments today wearing the loden green western hat I bought from Alan this summer.

Thanks, Jeff, it was an unbelievable, and unforgettable experience. We have loved the Minnesota Orchestra for nearly two decades, and I agree that since Osmo took the reins they are playing on another, exalted level. Thanks for the perspective on my photos sans chapeau. You are absolutely right, of course.

So, did you wear your loden green Western to rehearsal today?

Al, your photos are wonderful.

My thought is that if you can get Ms Kwak on board, the two of you could lobby for a change to the dress code - time for hats, I think!

Thanks for the compliment, and the great idea! Not sure how much pull I have, though, as an amateur musician. ;)

Al those are great shots, specially the ones with the orchestra![...]Is that your Bagatella, Al? gorgeous instrument! my fav picuture of the set.

Thank you, my friend! Yes, that is indeed my "old" lady!

I love the felt and ribbon color on this Homburg, Alan. It reminds me of your Knox that I adore. I played Borodin's Polovtsian Dances, Nos. 8 & 17, with the Minnesota Orchestra. Will post additional photos and write-up to Fedoras Afield shortly.

Thanks... it is a similar color contrast - a bit more taupe than green in this hat.

Hearty congratulations on this event... we can read the excitement and joy in your face. Great photos.

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
Time constraints have kept me off the board since last Thursday. It looks like the cooler temps have brought the felt hats out in force. I see lots of gorgeous hats.

Delectans, it's always my great pleasure to discover a new batch of photos from you. I now not only envy your wonderful collection of hats and your skill as a photographer, but I now discover you're a violinist. I've often said to friends that if I could reincarnate myself that it will be as a first-chair violinist for one of the great symphony orchestras. Of course, I'll be so brilliant a violinist that I'll never have to practice or rehearse, but merely show up for performances.

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Dig that Knox Rodkins. What's the ribbon on it? Looks like a mid width maybe?
Thanks Justin - it's actually a thin ribbon.
553243d3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS